Fort Collins 7-18

Megaballs6

Post by Megaballs6 »

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:17 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuck, NO! That is truly tragic. That video was excellent, your skills are of the mad variety. Fuck

yup,yup,yes....

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Shuck, NO! That is truly tragic. That video was excellent, your skills are of the mad variety. Fuck.

This isn't the badass 03/22/1996 version from the Metro in Chicago from the must have "I heard it on the X" compilation (If megaupload or something like it still existed, I'd post it) but I found this fine version on YouTube. Anyone know what version of Son Volt this is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKPJZIH3NPc

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

O shit. That was about 4 computers ago. Long dead and buried methinks. Definitely in my top 5 of Jay's recordings.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Shuck! You posted 10 minutes ago in a different thread. Did you miss the above? You and I talked "She's More To be Pitied" in the halcyon days. I'd have bet $100 that you'd weigh in.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Damn! She's more to be pitied, wow. What an excellent blast from the past. That would be worth the ticket price. Cue Shuck Owens to post his you tube video of it.

sawyer

Fort Collins 7-18

Post by sawyer »

Great to see the band instead of just Jay and Mark (no offense guys). Too bad the sound was just awful. The worst I've heard at a concert. That's on the Aggie, not the band. I will post some pics later of the setlists and band. I have a lot of phone video (More to be Pitied, Afterglow 61, Drown, Chickamauga, etc.) but the sound is so bad they're not worth posting. Colonel Ford was fun, got to see Mark rip it up on guitar. Basically everyone but Jay playing, Andrew sang a song (or two?).

Down To the Wire
The Picture
Bakersfield
Brick Walls
Strength and Doubt
Dynamite
Highways and Cigarettes
Hoping Machine
Wild Side
Barstow
Down the Highway
Seawall
No Turning Back
Medication
More to be Pitied (impromptu, had some strings on the electric that needed to be replaced)
Bandages & Scars
Drown
Afterglow 61

Encore:

Hearts and Minds
Tear Stained Eye
Windfall
Stop the World (And Let Me Off)

Chickamauga

A great night, more later!