florida, florida, florida

manshank

Post by manshank »

Shuck & 1/2 2016!

beatenbynonfiction

Post by beatenbynonfiction »

How you wind up here; www.jayfarrar.net or www.sonvolt.net

This is Jay Farrar's amazing/grossly under appreciated musical contributions; www.jayfarrar.net/discography

Here is some general background information; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Farrar

The long time fans know this. Others may wish to explore;
http://www.gumbopages.com/uncle-tupelo.html

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

Get the fuck outta Texas jerk off.

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

The Floridiots are at it again:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/31/us/florid ... ?hpt=hp_t2

Tim in the ATL

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

Hey florida/white people, its time to stand up and speak up for those whose voices are drowned out or worse ignored. Donate furniture, office supplies or take some damn donuts to a non-profit. Maybe yer already doing it. Share your ideas.
RAISE YOUR HAND FOR THE WRONGS. Straight from the alt-prophet.

Personally i feel a covenant wiith dogs. I buy extra dog food for the dog-owning
homeless who panhandle on the corner and hand out food. I met a sweet beautiful pitbull mix named maggie who seemed to know she had a treat coming before i handed the food over.

Donate school supplies. Lets make life easier for each other. As opposed to spreading the misery we feel due to shitty co workers and long commutes.

Put a little fiddle in your heart.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

A wee caveat to my racist ways...as i finished loading my groceries, an asian lady took my cart to the cart holder at the grocery store. Feel like the great spirit put her there to soften my hard heart.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

turpentim wrote:
Perhaps, just as he said... On elevators. In department stores. Anywhere other people are.

Tim in the ATL
I used to get followed when i took my raggedy ass to Saks on Saturdays looking for a sale or something incorrectly priced, or just to lovingly touch the Prada boots and purses, which is not against the law last time i checked. And it was usually this chinese lady, and im like (to myself) you're chinese, go back to your country, at least i'm half white and from this country, you fuckin yellow bitch. And one saturday i was sick of it and looked at her, shrugged my arms and was like "what is up, yer staring at me, what for". She said something in her stupid broken english and walked away, bitch! I get it, we all get it. And im pretty very sure black people, men especially, feel it, they have to cuz it exists. No lie.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Half, previous criminal activities cannot be introduced as evidence, it can prejudice the jury.

One of the jurors was on TV yesterday saying she really wanted to cionvict Zimmerman of murder, but she didn't because the evidence just wasn't there. Says she hasn't been able to eat or sleep since the trial because she feels she let Martins parents down.

That's exactly why I felt this was a remarkable jury, the predominant emotional reaction was that he has to be guilty of something, but they put emotion aside and did their job properly.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

FF1-I totally see your point about justice being surved. You make a good case for the final verdict being the best decision based on evidence and the law. Regardless Fla.
is full of nuts

I didnt hear Obamas statement, but wanted to ask if the graffiti, jewelry info was presented in court?

farrarfan1 wrote:The biggest problem with Obamas statement is that when he was 17 he was living with his well to do white grandparents in Hawaii, and attending the Punahou School, which is an exclusive, private college preparatory school.

I seriously doubt he spent much time roaming around neighborhoods that had been having a lot of burglaries. Nor was he ever suspended from school for writing obscene graffiti on a locker, and I doubt he was ever found to be in possession of jewelry he couldn't explain along with a screwdriver in his backpack while at school.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Florida is plenty fucked up without this case. Something very similaractually happened in my neighborhood. Google Trevor Dooley. Also, Zimmerman was not guilty of manslaughter but was guilty of being a fat pussy. You need a gun to defend yourself from 140 lb teenager?

So quick to pick up a gun, Scared to take an ass whipping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE28xzIGnE8

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

sturgeongeneral wrote:tim, i think i liked u moore(michael) when u did song parodies. too much righteous indignation. but then again, just my imagination running away with me.
Never been one to bite my tongue when it comes to politics and social justice issues. But I'll shut up now. Sorry for the rants. We all love us some Jay, and that's why we're here. Back to parodying...

Tim in the ATL

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

tim, i think i liked u moore(michael) when u did song parodies. too much righteous indignation. but then again, just my imagination running away with me.

unchartedthickets

Re: florida,florida,florida

Post by unchartedthickets »

turpentim wrote:
bensco wrote:
turpentim wrote:
bensco wrote:His comments were just as divisive as the media, Sharpton, Jackson and others who do everything possible to perpetuate division, disunity, racism and the notion that blacks are still oppressed by whites.
Seriously dude? The "notion" that blacks are still oppressed by whites? Have you really bought the "post-racial America" bullshit?

Tim in the ATL

Bought it and preach it every day. Tell me who is oppressed when black on white crime is almost ten times more frequent than white on black. Yes, I know there was a day when blacks were held back but they now have every advantage plus some to excell at anything they desire to achieve.
I'm literally at a loss for words, so I'll decline to comment. Except to say that you and I live in different worlds. You in one where there is no longer such a thing as structural inequality, vestigial oppression, or systemic disadvantage. And I in one where there are books (and lots of openly racist folks).

Tim in the ATL
lot's of rhetoric here. if you don't see racism then you're stupid. some people feel there's sides to the equation and yes there are. when one person is disadvantaged then the other gains. this shouldn't be the situation in merica but it fucking is. i'm tired of the bullshit, just look at history dumb mother fucking racists. time to right the situation and listen to the oppressed and not let the pill pop'n Rush be the Anodyne :D

if i see another lazy ass fuckin white boy union payed mother fucker who can read the fucking Reader's Digest on the fucking toilet, im gonna explode

on the other side of the coin,

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

bensco wrote:
turpentim wrote:
bensco wrote:His comments were just as divisive as the media, Sharpton, Jackson and others who do everything possible to perpetuate division, disunity, racism and the notion that blacks are still oppressed by whites.
Seriously dude? The "notion" that blacks are still oppressed by whites? Have you really bought the "post-racial America" bullshit?

Tim in the ATL

Bought it and preach it every day. Tell me who is oppressed when black on white crime is almost ten times more frequent than white on black. Yes, I know there was a day when blacks were held back but they now have every advantage plus some to excell at anything they desire to achieve.
I'm literally at a loss for words, so I'll decline to comment. Except to say that you and I live in different worlds. You in one where there is no longer such a thing as structural inequality, vestigial oppression, or systemic disadvantage. And I in one where there are books (and lots of openly racist folks).

Tim in the ATL

bensco

Post by bensco »

turpentim wrote:

Tim in the ATL