Farrar Tribute

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

I'd go for that as well.

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

I would say any song he wrote and sang is game, from UT till now.

dougm

Post by dougm »

What is the consensus amongst participants/organizers? Are we strictly bound to Jay songs post UT (SV and solo Jay), or are Jay songs during UT era also acceptable?? Just curious...

tedious

Post by tedious »

Well HOT DOG! Now we are talking. Okay the list stands at:

Mort
countryBoy
bigdaddy
BoogieMan
loosestring
Hank Snow
notropis - Barstow
Sticky (maybe)
Lefty
Duckman
summersleep
Tedious - Drain
dougm
TinyElvis
keith21
dhbursu

And it looks like, from the hints and tips people have given, that we have a good spread across all the Jay eras so far.

dhbursu

Post by dhbursu »

I normally am around over at the altcountry web page, but today I came over here and really love this idea. I used to cover coalminers at open mic nights every once in a while, and I know several other tunes I could play.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

Wow, just got in from a week out of town and am excited to see this. Count me in as well! I'll definately have my selection narrowed down within a week.
As for us copying the Jayhawks and Wilco fangroups, I don't think its a big deal. The first Neil Young tribute made by online fans was in like '94, and there have been many since. I think these things are popping up all over the place.
Keith

tedious

Post by tedious »

This gets better and better. Dougm, you bring quite some cache to the whole project and you are the first goto man for graphics. So here is the list. If I left anyone off it was unintentional and I know not everyone was definite but this is the list of all who expressed interest:

Mort
countryBoy
bigdaddy
BoogieMan
loosestring
Hank Snow
notropis - Barstow
Sticky (maybe)
Lefty
Duckman
summersleep
Tedious - Drain
dougm
TinyElvis

As for the deadline why don't we try for November 1st? And let's try and get the song everyone is going to do by next monday (although people can change their mind.....hell, I'm not the school principle......). Feel free to PM me with anything and everything that comes to mind.

Needless to say I am very proud and excited to be pulling this together.
:D

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

tedious wrote:I wanted to pump this one back to the top of the list in an attempt to get some of the people who are a bit shy to step up and give it a shot because we don't really have enough interest for a disc (it would be nice to get at least 10).......but its no biggy if it doesn't float.....you never know, we might be able to get Sharon to pass it on to Jay......
Ok, count me in. I've been thinking of which song to do over the past few days and I'm still not sure. But, go ahead and count me as a contributor.

TinyE

dougm

Post by dougm »

I'm in. My wife and I would do a tune (Depending on the deadline for completion). We had the incredible honor of opening for Jay and Mark at Vaudeville Mews in Des Moines this last June. I also am pretty good with graphics, if it got to the point where there was a possible CD..??..
http://www.sarapace.com/

tedious

Post by tedious »

Good Lads!,
Although I don't get much from space junk I actually really like jodel...I think it really adds to the album. But anyway, thanks for the support it looks like we might be cooking. Now what i don't want is for anyone to hang back and then regret it later so anyone who is hanging back I recommend you put your hand up...I'm sure you won't regret it.
Just think how entertaining it will be to break out the disc in years to come......I'm not promising a masterpeice but I reckon those who make the effort (effort? It'll be fun) will get a real kick out of it....particularly with cover art and liner notes.

countryBoy

Post by countryBoy »

If it helps I'll do one song followed by Jodel :lol:

summersleep

Post by summersleep »

I'd be interested in taking a swing at something.

tedious

Post by tedious »

I wanted to pump this one back to the top of the list in an attempt to get some of the people who are a bit shy to step up and give it a shot because we don't really have enough interest for a disc (it would be nice to get at least 10).......but its no biggy if it doesn't float.....you never know, we might be able to get Sharon to pass it on to Jay......

tedious

Post by tedious »

I have no problem with people covering songs covered by Jay for the "project". It seems like we are getting close to having enough for at least an EP....heh heh heh....Well, we will let it run for a while longer whilst people run the idea around their heads and then set a date and get stuck in!!!!

Duckman

Re: Farrar Tribute

Post by Duckman »

If I can get the band back together (I'm no Jake or Elwood Blues, so that would take some work) we would be up for it. We did Windfall and Tear-Stained Eye in our set before we took a (still ongoing) break.

I'd like to do Driving The View, I think... for reasons still only known to me ;)