Farrar Tribute

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

Me Do Station to Station!!!!!

Let me know if this is ok. Its got piano in it so its a great choice. I could have this done by the 10th no probs.

ThirdShiftGrottoSlack is a great album

Mort

Post by Mort »

Hi all.

It's been a long time. Just logged on to tell you that I'm not able to finish my track(s) by the 1st. Then I realised that there is talk about the 10th. I would really welcome those extra 10 days!!! Anything final on this???

I will at best be able to finish 1 track and will stick with my first choice "Out of the picture". Which means that "Station to Station" is up for grabs.

M.

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

Fantastic.

Im a huge GD fan of all era's, but particularily the 72-79 era. My fav year is 74 all the freform jammin kicks ass. The band is full on, and Keiths sober enough to have chops , but high enough to get freaky. Great jams, check out the 8/6/74 Roosevelt Stadium, NJ show, unreal. You candownload it on db.etree as BT. Of course Old and In the Way is up there too and all the JGB work.

They aren't the only thing I listen too, but I still enjoy listening to some jams every once and a while thats for sure. I love all sorts of modern music as well as vintage.

I own a cab from the old wall of sound. Have it in my studio ;)

If you wanna hear it, I used it for bass on the first 2 tunes on my site. There are some clips posted on my up and coming web site. I play piano , write and sing the tunes. I have a drummer now and we are re recording. The site also has some spacy stuff posted right now for a buddy of mine in BC to grab. I mainly stick to the piano/rhodes genre :)

http://members.rogers.com/bighighlonesome/index.htm
Last edited by CanadianVolt on Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy »

Canadian Volt, love the dead reference in your sig. Dead fan, Jay fan and Canadian, you're alright by me.

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

I would love to get in on this. I have everything ready to go. Let me know if there is still room and I will pick a song that isnt already being done.

I can have my song ready before the 10th no probs. Please PM me if I can get in on this.

I will be playing piano/rhodes in place of guitar

bmedwar

Post by bmedwar »

I'd be glad to record a song and send it to you. "Hanging Blue Side" would be my first choice. Just let me know. brian@chrissyandbrian.com

edit: just saw somebodies got Hanging Blue Side. I'll do Windfall. Let me know if you want me to do it and I'll start right away.

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

windshield wrote:Try Pro Tools free, it's a very good freeware sequencer, download here.
You can also try http://www.hitsquad.com/smm and find some more sequencers to suit your needs

btw I'm almost finished with greenwich time, but having a lot of work to do the extra days would be helpful.
meh. it only runs on win 98 or me. i have xp. *bawls*
i'll look for something else on hitsquad.

Poster Nutbag

Post by Poster Nutbag »

Shoot, jsut looked at your address and you are in the UK. Can your email handle large files??? I will make it as small as I can and email it on monday the 1st.

Poster Nutbag

Post by Poster Nutbag »

I am going to record my tune sunday night and can overnight it on monday the 1st. Should I rush to get it out monday or does it really matter if it gets there by the end of the week tedious?? Either way I am glad to be a part and will do whatever is best for you...

ridgeroad

Post by ridgeroad »

I'd be up for adding someting, I throw in a few Son Volt and Uncle Tupelo songs into my set list now and then. What's the best way for a tecnolocical novice to get stuff in?

windshield

Post by windshield »

Try Pro Tools free, it's a very good freeware sequencer, download here.
You can also try http://www.hitsquad.com/smm and find some more sequencers to suit your needs

btw I'm almost finished with greenwich time, but having a lot of work to do the extra days would be helpful.

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

man i haven't even started with mine yet. the wife and kids may be going to visit the in-laws next week though so i'll have all week to work on it. i plan to put it down on a 4-track first and then transfer it to computer. i'm just not sure how i'm gonna get that done... :?
is there any freeware i can download that would allow me to do it? just something simple like the old windows extended recorder would do i'm guessin. advice?

Bound to Get Burned

Post by Bound to Get Burned »

I'm done with mine, as a matter of fact, I just sent my version of "No Rolling Back" to Tedious.

I had fun with this. The vocals turned out to be the hardest part. I stayed in key throughout the song, but I think I fell flat in a place or two. All in all I'm proud of it.

Post by Sticky »

I'll finish up TSE this weekend. Whiskey Bottle will be a little rushed, but that's how I'm playing it, so it doesn't matter.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

thatbeat wrote:Can we get a show of hands as to who will be finished by the 1st?

i hate to be the one draggin my heels, but just wanted to get it right and if there's others who are feeling the same then maybe we could go till the 10th?

whats everyone's thought on that?
I'll be finished. Of course, with 10 extra days, who knows, I could tear it down and rebuild it all back up again. I wouldn't mind.