sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

You ain't me I ain't you
We both tangled up in blue
I ain't red you ain't yellow
If you see her say hello

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

KC.BBBS wrote:I’ve listened to “Tangled up in Blue” probably more than any other song in my lifetime. “Blood on the Tracks” came along when I was 18, trying to figure it all out, vulnerable, a little angry, uncertain, watching friends choose paths while I spun in idle. So there was a vacuum and this great, great album filled it. I still occasionally play “Blood on the Tracks” these days. It’s Dylan at his best backed up by exceptional musicians. Is there a more mournful tune than "If You See Her Say Hello?"

i like this.

KC.BBBS

Post by KC.BBBS »

I’ve listened to “Tangled up in Blue” probably more than any other song in my lifetime. “Blood on the Tracks” came along when I was 18, trying to figure it all out, vulnerable, a little angry, uncertain, watching friends choose paths while I spun in idle. So there was a vacuum and this great, great album filled it. I still occasionally play “Blood on the Tracks” these days. It’s Dylan at his best backed up by exceptional musicians. Is there a more mournful tune than "If You See Her Say Hello?"

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

I muttered something underneath my breath
She studied the lines on my face
I must admit I felt a little uneasy
When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

KC.BBBS wrote: After the KC show Sunday night, I was lucky enough to ask Gary Hunt, "Where do you guys go from here?" He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Who knows."
"like a rolling stone"

KC.BBBS

Post by KC.BBBS »

Jay could sing names from a phone book and I'd enjoy it but yes, a Son Volt show primarily of uptempo electric would be most fine.

After the KC show Sunday night, I was lucky enough to ask Gary Hunt, "Where do you guys go from here?" He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Who knows."

amzie

Post by amzie »

Ancient Astronaut Theorists say, "Look to crop circles for your answers." Actually, those AAT probably just say, "Yes."

TragicFig

A Totally Inappropriate Question

Post by TragicFig »

I know the boys deserve some well earned time off, but how long before they get back on the road again? Will they take off the entire winter? Work on next project? Plan a Spring tour in support of a new, mostly power chord uptempo rock and roll record? I take it Jay will be chilling at home and rooting for the Cards to go to the World Series for the next few weeks...

I miss 'em already.... :(