What are you writing now playas?

SPIKE

Post by SPIKE »

Thanks derekf! Yeah, I guess that doesn't transfer to written literature very well. See how many snippets of lyrics, names or locations you can find borrowed from the Americanna music world.

And el-loco, It's all good. I'm just glad you didn't give me the "golden" spammer response.

derekf

Post by derekf »

Spike,

I bought your book but the 5 nieces and nephews I have aren't getting it. I'll keep it for myself. Good luck with your book and project.

P.S. What the fuck is an Easter egg?

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

I really appreciate the offer, SPIKE. However, this Holiday Season, I was planning on picking up some designer sarees for the family.

SPIKE

What are you writing now playas?

Post by SPIKE »

Here is some well placed member spam. Me? I wrote a book called Go-Kart Alley. It's a kids book, or rather a "tween action adventure" book. Sure, we are all adults here which means most of us have kids and money, not be necessarily in that order. And many of you are shopping to fill Christmas lists and stuff stockings  for said young uns. 

Instead of getting them another book from the Gay Vampire series, or whatever is hip nowadays, why not support a board member in his plucky battle to fund a web series by buying them a book that makes reference to a three piece midwestern punk/country band? And, whose main characters are named Jess and Brian?

All proceeds go towards making a web series slated to begin filming this spring. It will be based partly on the book and partly on Steve McQueen by the Drive by Truckers.  (you know, "I totaled my go-kart tryin' to imitate that chase scene.")

So but a copy for your kids, grand kids, nieces, nephews, neighbors and friends. Read it and post any alt-country Easter eggs you find here. 

Thankee! That is all.....

Spike 

http://www.lulu.com/shop/dennis-van-vle ... 44182.html