City Winery Setlist Sunday?

smiddlem

Post by smiddlem »

another video: Afterglow 61. Great show on Sunday, I really enjoyed it.

http://youtu.be/kKNJGLlgy7w

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Love the videos. Hard Times! Killer. Wish I could of been there. Seen Jay a couple times there previously---great venue, but San Diego to NYC is headin in the wrong direction this time of year dontcha know.... :D

Okeman

Still Be Around

Post by Okeman »

Thanks to Unsteady Freddie for this sweet video...

Still be Around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIMiG5hQb18

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

California Zephyr NICE + + + + +

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Chip Taylor opened Saturday night too - great stories. Was like a little music history lesson. He sat in the back Sunday night watching Jay and Gary. Watching Chip and his guitar player with their acoustic/electric duo was like a glimpse into the future of Jay with Mark Spencer or Gary in 20 years or so. Minus the talking.

Saturday night was sold out. Same setlist as Sunday except he didn't play No Turning Back and Grindstone, and they added Stop The World. Sunday's 2nd song was The Picture, not The Search. I'd love to hear Jay and Gary break out The Search acoustic/electric.

Fantastic shows both nights. Jay sounds great. Gary's a wiz on guitar, mandolin and fiddle.

jimh

Post by jimh »

There were a lot of no-shows last night because of the snow. Chip Taylor was a real treat. Did he open the show on Saturday night as well? His guitarist also had quite the resume. Jay and Gary sounded great. I had hoped Mark Spencer might pop up at the show.

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

Remphish1

Re: Setlist, City Winery 2/9/14

Post by Remphish1 »

jwolfe3 wrote:Remphish1, unfortunately I think you were not the only one - lot of empty seats last night. We made the trip in from NJ around 600, and had about 2" of slushy snow on the car upon departure . Jay Farrar and Gary Hunt sounded amazing, and Chip Taylor opened (If you are not familiar with him, he is well worth the research, I learned a lot from his stories last night!). Here is the setlist:

Down To the Wire, The Search, Hard Times, California Zephyr, Bakersfield, Brick Walls, Wild Side, Seawall, Strength and Doubt, Barstow, Highways & Cigarettes, Hoping Machine, Grindstone, Methamphetamine, World Waits for You, Underground Dream**, Down the Highway, No Turning Back, Bandages & Scars, Afterglow 61
Encores: Tear Stained Eye, Windfall, Still Be Around

** Jay is usually not much for words during his shows, a few "how ya doins" here - however, he dedicated Underground Dream to Edward Snowden
Would have loved to hear Grindstone! Nice setlist and thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed the show.

jwolfe3

Setlist, City Winery 2/9/14

Post by jwolfe3 »

Remphish1, unfortunately I think you were not the only one - lot of empty seats last night. We made the trip in from NJ around 600, and had about 2" of slushy snow on the car upon departure . Jay Farrar and Gary Hunt sounded amazing, and Chip Taylor opened (If you are not familiar with him, he is well worth the research, I learned a lot from his stories last night!). Here is the setlist:

Down To the Wire, The Search, Hard Times, California Zephyr, Bakersfield, Brick Walls, Wild Side, Seawall, Strength and Doubt, Barstow, Highways & Cigarettes, Hoping Machine, Grindstone, Methamphetamine, World Waits for You, Underground Dream**, Down the Highway, No Turning Back, Bandages & Scars, Afterglow 61
Encores: Tear Stained Eye, Windfall, Still Be Around

** Jay is usually not much for words during his shows, a few "how ya doins" here - however, he dedicated Underground Dream to Edward Snowden

Remphish1

City Winery Setlist Sunday?

Post by Remphish1 »

Had a ticket and had to eat it. Got an ice storm in NJ right when I was going to leave for the show. Mass transit unfortunately isn't viable where I am. :( Hope it was a good show for everyone and am disappointed I couldn't make it.