No Depression article

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

amzie wrote:Actually, I thought the writing was pretty good, too. I am referring to the nasty little jab at Jay for being irritating as he styled himself to be a sage. I thought this comment was completely uncalled for. Jay IS somewhat of a sage in my eyes, but I really doubt that he styles himself as one. This kind of comment--jealousy maybe?--has no place n a supposedly unbiased article--WTF? Aren't these idiots edited anymore?
Ahh. Got it. Yes, that was, as you say, completely uncalled for and didn't contribute one iota to the article/interview.

amzie

Post by amzie »

Actually, I thought the writing was pretty good, too. I am referring to the nasty little jab at Jay for being irritating as he styled himself to be a sage. I thought this comment was completely uncalled for. Jay IS somewhat of a sage in my eyes, but I really doubt that he styles himself as one. This kind of comment--jealousy maybe?--has no place n a supposedly unbiased article--WTF? Aren't these idiots edited anymore?

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Another interview with Mike. Somethings up.
As a fan I like the idea but, like keith21, don't believe it. Unlike amzie, though, I do think it is pretty well written!

ct

Post by ct »

Bump

amzie

Post by amzie »

This guy irritatingly styles himself to be a music writer.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

Eh. Such a stretch. What is called alt-country or americana today is so far removed from the sound of No Depression I have a hard time agreeing. Neither Jay or Jeff has revisited that sound much at all past some of Still Be Gone really. If today's artists were influenced by UT at all, I would say it would be more by the later records.

partyroy

No Depression article

Post by partyroy »

Only because no one else has posted it yet...

http://exclaim.ca/Features/Opinion/uncl ... ord_of_90s?