Getting old, or music not getting better, one of the two

Montana-Bitterroot

Post by Montana-Bitterroot »

Don't limit yourself to one "genre", of course you will burn out.

sparklehorse - its a wonderful life

flaming lips - soft bulletin, yoshimi

radiohead - hail to the thief, Kid a

air - moon safari

spiritualized -ladies and gentlemen we are floating through space

belle and sebastian - if your feeling sinister, arab strap

The list is long.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

SLOBBERBONE!

gb68

a musician weighs in

Post by gb68 »

I believe there's more good music than ever, it's just not on commercial radio. There are some really good public stations, some of which also broadcast on line. Jay Farrar has been in heavy rotation at our house.
Last edited by gb68 on Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sweetrnr

Post by sweetrnr »

Bliggiddy
What I think you have witnessed is not so much a lack of good new music as the miracle of Corporate Radio/media and deregulation. There is no chance in hell of hearing good music anymore on commercial radio. Thank God for the internet. If not for that, the condition of the music scene would be much worse.
So I think there is still good music being made (though less of it) but as some others have said, you have to look a lot harder to find it.
Good luck,

bob

TANEYTOWN

Post by TANEYTOWN »

SLOBBERBONE is the real deal! Great band!

smoke

Post by smoke »

Hey Bliggiddy--I used to feel the same way until I ran across a guy named Richard Buckner. He restored my faith in music. No I am knee deep in great artists--Pawtuckets, Tim Easton, Slobberbone, Bobby Bare Jr., and on and on. Decent music is out there, you just gotta dig a bit.

badmofaux

Post by badmofaux »

I'd say that all in all, this whole "country rock" thing has grown a little long in the tooth. I mean, a good band is a good band but it would really take something special where this sort of thing is concerned to get me to take notice. Check out Drag The River, if you're looking for some inspiration. Trust me, just do it.

Bliggiddy

Getting old, or music not getting better, one of the two

Post by Bliggiddy »

I was always a huge Dwight fan. Always. Hillbilly Delux was the closest I could ever find to what struck me as 'good music.' Then came along the Black Crowes.Even better. Then came along Tupelo, and holy hell it was good. And then came along absolutely jack squat! Ryan Adams is good, don't get me wrong, but are the days of music from the heart, particularly with an occasional banjo, steel, lap-steel, or true driving rock over? Am I being cynical?
..............Izzy Samford Ball-Player, you ever still check up on Farrar or you over it?