Brandon Butler cd...killer on the road?

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

Caught Jay and Mark in Tallahassee on that tour with Brandon opening, was great.

I loved Brandon's stage presence during the Jay Farrar/Canyon tour. I thought for sure he was going to fall off the stage or knock something over with his bouncing around. Great shows those were, Austin and Dallas on that tour.

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

i remember that tour. aug '04 in orlando at the social. jay reminded significant stuff was stolen there earlier. first time to catch jay live(sans the s v band); hollared like crazy for brandon and the chick who played the cello. i remember jay and mark being brilliant in my guiness haze; spoke with brandon afterward and he expressed his concern about having proper healthcare coverage. spoke with mark about getting music to the masses and he suggested i speak with jay. i see jay and try to engage.

the man became a ghost late in the evening and disappeared into the night filled with hip hop. probably for the best.
i walked to the hotel(with the free beer earlier in the day).

stopped on the way and someone pretended to be dan fogelberg. i am a sucker for memories. jay goes away for a while. not forever, just for now.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

lewhoney wrote:What ever happend to this guy? Does Brandon Butler still play?
http://dcmusicdownload.com/2012/07/20/r ... on-butler/

This is dated July 2012 so he must be alive and well.

lewhoney

Post by lewhoney »

What ever happend to this guy? Does Brandon Butler still play?

dEvRoNiKa

Brandon etc...

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

Brandon’s album will be released in October. It is insanely good. I love it.

I posted about it in the brand new Farrar LJ community.

I’ve not yet widely advertised it, but maybe I should?

Go visit www.livejournal.com/community/farrar_phile for yet another forum for like-minded individuals who love to ponder obsessively over great music.

-Dev

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

it is on the same label as canyon, but not available on the site yet, check out http://www.gernblandsten.com/ Maybe it will be available there soon or you can contact them there. I got it in Tallahassee and am really enjoying it.

lewhoney

Post by lewhoney »

I talked with Butler after the show and he said that Canyon was gone for good...Would still love to get a copy of "Killer on the Road." Barnes and Noble and Tower...niether can get it

clarkma5

Post by clarkma5 »

Yeah, what happened to canyon, did they break up? Saw 'em at Slim's on the 23rd of January (yes, the SS&BL bonus DVD show) and they were great as both openers and as Farrar's back-up band.

StraightFaced

Encore

Post by StraightFaced »

Drugstore Truck-Drivin Man
White Freightliner Blues

Good show - Mark Spencer was unbelievable on slide
Got a good look at his pedal/amp setup, email if you want it.

lewhoney

Brandon Butler cd...killer on the road?

Post by lewhoney »

I went to the Jay show last night in Atlanta and was blown away by "Former Canyon frontman" Brandon Butler; when I went to buy one of his cd's they were sold out. Does anyone know where I could get a copy? Amazon does not sell it.

All in all great show; but I had to leave before the encore. What did Jay play -- anyone know?

Lew