Chris Masterson project -- "The Mastersons"

Redsun

Re: Chris Masterson project -- "The Mastersons"

Post by Redsun »

Big changes… The time has come for us to end our tenure as members of Steve Earle’s band The Dukes. After 12 years and 7 albums, it’s time to move on. It has been an absolute honor and privilege to stand stage right of a living legend night after night. Steve has been an incredible ally and advocate for our bands The Mastersons and The Whitmore Sisters. We have Steve to credit for being the one who prompted us to make our first album and we cannot thank him enough! We also have an immense love and respect for our bandmates, the crew and the entire team that keeps the show on the road.

This past decade has seen us crisscrossing the globe endlessly, only pausing momentarily to make records. We’ve toured though sickness, the loss of family members and other challenging circumstances. We now find ourselves wanting a time to pause, to reflect, and to find a way to enjoy the fruits of our labor a bit more.

Moving forward you will surely see us onstage, hear us on a record, and find us out and about with our own endeavors and other artists. We’re just taking a moment to recalibrate and redefine how exactly we’re going to do this.

Our love for music hasn’t waned and we are deeply grateful and consider ourselves very lucky to keep the lights on with art. We cherish the experiences we’ve had thus far and the fans we’ve made along the way, who likely discovered us at one of Steve’s shows.

We’ll see you down the road and look forward to the next chapter whatever that may be. Perhaps we’ll even find ourselves in Steve’s sphere again somehow, somewhere.
With love and gratitude,

Chris + Eleanor
https://www.facebook.com/christophermas ... uhRxWhQZfl

Redsun

Re: Chris Masterson project -- "The Mastersons"

Post by Redsun »

Geezerville: Chris Masterson isn’t playing with the band anymore. Can you tell me what happened?

Jay Farrar: I don’t think Chris or I felt that Son Volt was going to be the end all, be all situation. Chris is a songwriter and recording artist in his own right. So I think we both knew that we’d end out relationship at some point.

Dust In the Air - Q&A with Jay Farrar of Son Volt

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/m ... 11/908985/

turpentim

Chris Masterson project -- "The Mastersons"

Post by turpentim »