ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

Jon Snodgrass and Cory Branan
Jackrabbits - Jacksonville, FL
6-23-09

http://www.sendspace.com/file/an3if4

ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

Totally understandable, my friend. I couldn't imagine being a guitar player and NOT being able to feel my hands....glad you got fixed up!!!

See you in November, if not sooner.

jon

Post by jon »

ScottZeagle wrote:Good show last night, Jon!! Hope your hands feel better!!!

You and Cory are good together, and i really liked the back and forth playing thing that you did...

Hope you guys enjoy the Makers!!

See you next time!

Scott
Yeah....
I got fixed up in Orlando.
I was super worried...sorry I wasn't more fun. I will be in November I promise. And yes the Makers saved us. You the best.

ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

Good show last night, Jon!! Hope your hands feel better!!!

You and Cory are good together, and i really liked the back and forth playing thing that you did...

Hope you guys enjoy the Makers!!

See you next time!

Scott

WayDownSouth

Post by WayDownSouth »

Baseball Hotdog wrote:THE TAKERS!

My favorite Gainesville band right now!
Disclaimer: They are my buds and I usually do merch for them at their local shows, but they rock regardless.

You're in for a treat!
WayDownSouth wrote: I have not been there yet but I plan to go to see The Takers and Truckstop Coffee on Friday and Jon & Cory on saturday. .
I saw The Takers last January in G'ville w/ Drag The River. They were awesome but at the time I had only heard 'curse of a drunk' and 'drift'. I am excited to see them again now that I have heard more of their material.

Great guys too, I talked to the steel player for awhile (John?) after their set and at the end of the night I was buying a shirt to send to a buddy in Arkansas, Devon was working the merch and was excited they had a fan that far away and gave me a copy of the curse 7" to send along also.

Do you know if they have copies of the new CD on sale for the Citrus Circuit tour?

Does your screen name happen to be a Seth Myers Weeeknd Update joke?

Baseball Hotdog

Post by Baseball Hotdog »

THE TAKERS!

My favorite Gainesville band right now!
Disclaimer: They are my buds and I usually do merch for them at their local shows, but they rock regardless.

You're in for a treat!
WayDownSouth wrote: I have not been there yet but I plan to go to see The Takers and Truckstop Coffee on Friday and Jon & Cory on saturday. .

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

i would tend to agree that so fla is a desert dearth when it comes to live music venues. makes no sense to me. 6+ million folks in this area should be able to support these musical havens. a guy i work with who originates from austin was there for vaca and brought me a couple of austin chronicles. i was blown away with the musical options. however, i will continue to strive.

WayDownSouth

Post by WayDownSouth »

sturgeongeneral wrote:gdavis, sadly, does not begin to compare to the bamboo room. this will only be the second time i have been willing to attend this venue. known for it twenty something emo stylings more than anything. actually, my venue of choice on my coast these days is a down and dirty juke joint known as the back room blues bar with some very tasty blues acts passing thru town. tonight, reverend raven and the chain smoking altar boys, a group who played with buddy guy for a time.
So Propaganda is not the best joint in town?

I have not been there yet but I plan to go to see The Takers and Truckstop Coffee on Friday and Jon & Cory on saturday.

South FL can't seem to keep a decent live music venue, the people here just will not support them long enought to keep the places in business. And most muscial acts I want to see won't come this far south.

sturgeongeneral

gdavis, sadly, does not begin to compare to the bamboo room. this will only be the second time i have been willing to attend this venue. known for it twenty something emo stylings more than anything. actually, my venue of choice on my coast these days is a down and dirty juke joint known as the back room blues bar with some very tasty blues acts passing thru town. tonight, reverend raven and the chain smoking altar boys, a group who played with buddy guy for a time.

Sachsen

Post by Sachsen »

Seriously though, Pabst Blue Ribbon???

:shock:

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

sturgeongeneral wrote: .... the propaganda in lake worth .

How is that place? I've heard some bad things.

sturgeongeneral

just finished the article. nice read. and damn jon, if i don't understand the swimming and competition dynamic that you shunned. somehow, the competitive spirit of my youth was a turnoff also now that i am in the reflection mode of my life cycle. swimming is a fabulous form of exercise with the rhythm of the stroke and the muted sound of the water sloshing in my ears. a fine time to meditate. however, the competition side of it can take a hike. i've found that to be true with playing/singing also. i tried the guitar round the circle thing and found the less than attractive competition demon lurking in the corner. so, solitary is my way to go at present or with a few friends who don't play but enjoy my sound.

i hope to see you at the propaganda in lake worth in a few days to check out your tunes. a mere half block from by former musical oasis a/k/a the bamboo room which unfortunately sits forlorn and weeping the dust of neglect and pining for the sounds of then not now.

maybe, a pbr in the can after the show, who knows. safe travels.

calexico

Re: They rule.

Post by calexico »

mikewilliamson wrote: like seeing a reanimated corpse.
Or listening to Doug talk about Wilco.

mikewilliamson

Re: They rule.

Post by mikewilliamson »

mikewilliamson wrote:DRAG THE RIVER fucking rule. HOBO'S DEMOS and their live album absolutely kill. CLOSED is good, but not as much as the other two, me thinks.

Great songwriting. Great band. Buy everything. See them live.

Mike

And while you're at it, buy Jon Snodgrass' other band ARMCHAIR MARTIAN's latest album "WHO WANTS TO PLAY BASS?" It's one of the best records of 2002.

It's so weird to see a post you made six years ago (SIX YEARS!!!) show up on a board again. Wow. BASS was Jon's "new" album.

This is blowing my mind for some reason, like seeing a reanimated corpse.

ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

lewhoney wrote:wait a damn minute, Scott, 2 nights solo eddie vedder! where in the ATL is that? Pray, tell --

Eddie Vedder at Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, Atlanta...June 23rd and 24th.

You can probably find some decent seats at face value if you go to the Pearl Jam web site and click on the "forums".