Bush or Kerry?

clarkma5

Post by clarkma5 »

It's very stupid to ever use stereotypes as the basis of your argument, tgrock.

Mort

Post by Mort »

tgrock wrote:
hot burrito wrote:tgrock. You got a problem with people from the south?
Yes I do. You hillbillies should have formed your own country years ago and left us northerners alone where we can develop a civilized society where we all can succeed.[snip]...
I may be located on the other side of the world, and might not have the right to an opinion on this. But from what I recall from history class, I do believe that the southerners at one point actually WANTED to form their own country, but wasn't allowed to...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

M.

hot burrito

Post by hot burrito »

I have never lived in the hills you stupid MF. I don't like going back and forth doing this on this board. But you have got to be the dumbest person that has ever posted on here. Label me MF, because you know me. You don't know me. You don't know shit.

tgrock

Post by tgrock »

hot burrito wrote:tgrock. You got a problem with people from the south?
Yes I do. You hillbillies should have formed your own country years ago and left us northerners alone where we can develop a civilized society where we all can succeed. I have a problem when every state in the south, even though we were going through the most prosperous times ever in our history voted for a man who's only mantra was - well I believe that we should give the money back to the people - well what's wrong with that. Well let's just not have a government at all then. It's always been propaganda and doesn't take that much thought, now does it?

And to respond to the ___hole about my language. Yes I'm pissed off, and very educated people are very pissed off and I like to tell it like it is. Tell those 1.3 million people who just joined the impoverished and 1.4 million now uninsured, and millions looking for jobs that we should use civil language and talk this through. You southerners (and you may be part of the minority - and I apologize to you then) but my angst is for those majority of bible holding fundamentalists who are voting on issues like abortion and gay rights and ignore the fact that millions of lower and middle class people want to work hard but there aren't any jobs to be had or they make nothing, while millionaires and billionaires are getting huge chunks of their money back. Now what type of education do you need to feel that is wrong?

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

Hank Snow wrote:I have said it before and I will say it again, I may not agree with you TinyE in politics or other things, but I sure like your well thought out and well written responses in this discussion.
Thank you for the compliment Hank and for always keeping the discussions on a civil level.

TinyE

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

I have said it before and I will say it again, I may not agree with you TinyE in politics or other things, but I sure like your well thought out and well written responses in this discussion.

I think the reason I am not happy about bush spending so much money is that he is spending so much on blowing up and rebuilding Iraq, when there is a SHIT LOAD of hungry american kids that could use some of that cash.

There is a SHIT LOAD of schools in America with no money to teach the kids anything. (I know this is a local issue, but with the Bush Admin's new Ed policy requires the states to implement all this stuff with no Cash.)

The way education is funded in america is a whole other issue. it should not be based on property tax. Every kid in america from Maine to SD to Key West to Alaska should have the exact same oppurtunity, same school, same supplies, same equipment, etc. it is ridiculous that a poor neighborhood has a poor shcool and rich neighborhood has a rich school. That is wrong and sad and perpetuates the problem generation after generation.

Anyway, I digress, just that education in america is screwed up.

I think it is cool tinyE that you are a small business owner. I think, like many people, I am a fiscal conservative. I believe in small business, I believe in less tax. Acutally I am for a flat tax, one rate for everyone, no duductions, no loop holes. No matter how much you make, write a check for 15% on April 15th. Everyone, 15%.

Anyway Bush is spending a lot of money, and giving big tax cuts, which, if you ever had a check book you realize it doesn't make sense. I don't think it would be too bad to spend so much money if it was going something that was actually helping our kids, our future. The kids are everything.

Anyway I am outta here.

mzkmm

Post by mzkmm »

Good heavens! Could the board please get back to music? I just canceled a music magazine subscription yesterday because the current issue was filled with their political views. I already subscribe to several purely political publications and only bought the music magazine for the music news and views. Consumer fraud? False advertising? SHUT UP AND SING!

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

...As for you Montanna, obviously you have no point of view and can only cut/paste what you read elsewhere and call people names.

TinyE

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

tgrock wrote:You know what Tiny - you are one dumb son of a bitch (now I know why you like Bush so much)...

Now if you want to use your mind - you are probably a cowboy from the south or a milk farmer.

Now if you want to talk about foreign policy, that's for a later date, I'm educated enough to talk about that to...
I've said it repeatedly... I do not care for Bush. He spends money like a liberal so I'm not sure why you do not love him. I want a President (and Congress) that actually adheres to our Constitution.

Actually, I live in California and partly-own a small software company.

Yes, you sound very educated. In fact most educated people resort to name-calling and profanity when debating their point-of-view. The fact is you are not educated and you are a product of what liberal politics dictate you become: intolerant, hateful, and resentful.

Ttell us all what you do with this big 'education' of yours.

TinyE

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

Um, what were we talking about again? I can't remember.

Oh yeah that Bush dude.

Hey TGRock, I wasn't arguing with you, I think we are on the same side. also, don't beat around the bush, tell us what you really think of TinyE and Dan.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

come on you guys....it doesn't have to be this way.

hot burrito

Post by hot burrito »

tgrock. You got a problem with people from the south?

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

this has become a perfect example of why i hate politics

tgrock

Post by tgrock »

TinyElvis wrote:
montana wrote:1. record budget deficit
2. record trade deficit
3. taxes raised for middle class
4. two terrorist attacks on u.s. soil
5. messed with constitution limiting rights
6. 1.1 million jobs lost
7. RAMPANT weakening of environmental regulations designed to protect the public, from mercury pollution to drinking water pollution to superfund EAP cleanups
8. the slow destruction of the nations last wild roadless areas
9. choking funding to the national parks
10. every post in adminsitration occupied by former industr ylobbyist. Al lthe foxes in al lthe hen houses

The only legitimate reason anyone has for voting Bush is because they beleive in his anti-abortion beliefs. And thats ok. But NO ONE has a valid reason otherwise, and I *challenge* you to come up with one other than that.

I'll take the challenge..

1. Yup.. and Kerry wants to spend even more. So we agree that the feds should get out of the welfare/health-care/education business?
2. Besides being a liberal talking point, tell us how the trade deficit affects you.
3. No, taxes were reduced for everyone. It was the Clinton administration that raised taxes on the middle class. You don't remember his speech after being in office for a few months (".. I'm going to have to ask more of you..")
4. What about the World Trade Center attack in 93.. or the USS Cole bombing.. or the embassay bombings under the watchful eye of the Democrats. Tell us what they did to prevent future attacks.
5. Ok.. please tell us which liberties you have been stripped of.
6. Ever heard of something called 9/11? The Clinton/Gore recession had already begun in March of 2000. The terrorist attack only worsened the economic forecast. Yes, jobs have been lost but unemployment is lower now than during the 'glorious' Clinton years.
7. You mean putting the standards back to where they were after Clinton changed them 1 month before he left office?
8. Cannot comment.. don't have enough facts.
9. 'Choking funding'.. I though you were worried about the deficit but now you complaining about spending less..
10. You'd prefer the rich, white lawyers Clinton had in his cabinet that "looked like America".

TinyE
You know what Tiny - you are one dumb son of a bitch (now I know why you like Bush so much). I cannot even read this sh__. 23 million jobs were created in the Clinton years. All you right wingers are good at are making excuses - come on you know its true. Look at every single interview (from Fox to the White House staff). Do something else, find a different avenue other than supply side economics. But, you probably don't understand what that is - so its a complete waste of my time talking to such an ignorant f___.

Now if you want to use your mind - you are probably a cowboy from the south or a milk farmer. Then you may realize that putting more money into the hands of the middle class and not 64% of 3.1 trillion dollars in the hands of the richest Americans makes little more sense to me. (borrowed by the way - and when do we plan on paying that back - also, you know what I want you to do - max your credit card out and start just paying the minimum payments, why not? Use that head of yours that your God gave you, or do they not have common sense where your from. Now you may not be an economist and I'm not either, but a short term stimulus may work in the hands of an investor, but I bet most corporations and investors would tell you that profits and earnings are the key to financial success and the bottom line. Well lets see, how do you make a profit, I took this class in college, someone buys your product. Now what block of people spend money (and I'm looking through this in a macro economic approach) usually its these millions of people who are in the middle class. So whatever tax break these rich guys who are investors or business owners will make alot - and I mean alot more in actual profits than any significant tax break they get. Rich people will invest but most have enough so they will mostly save. Now what products will be bought that way, and you have to admit there are alot less of those people than the hard working middle class. Oh, by the way creating jobs and increasing wages are important - why - because they get to spend more. Now instead of making excuses all the time and lets do something about those jobs going overseas, and not relying on just tax cuts. If I had 3.1 trillion dollars, and I could put that into our economy, I could create more than 1.5 million jobs in itself. Why do we insist that supply side economics works, when does borrowing 6 trillion dollars on nuclear weapons and tax breaks ever worked - for the first George Bush. When was the last Republican President who had a decent economic policy. Name him. And for your theory about the unemployment rate, come on - now you are no expert and neither am I, but we know that certain people who aren't getting benefits and are not looking for jobs anymore, just aren't counted anymore. Now let's get an accurate accounting. I saw a graph a little while ago, and you know what didn't surprise me. Well, the line graph - and you should check this out to - I don't know exactly where, but I'm sure if you did a little research and try to overcome your ignorance, then you might be able to see that every year a Republican President since Nixon the unemployment rate goes higher and higher, I believe the highest during Reagan's year's and lowers everytime there was a Democratic President. Now graph's don't lie but people who fudge numbers to get reelected do.

Now if you want to talk about foreign policy, that's for a later date, I'm educated enough to talk about that to. But to end this discussion, I hope you have children and grandchildren (maybe not) because they are going to have deal with this enormous debt your president keeps piling on. There probably won't be any social security, but you probably don't care about that anyway. And as for there education well, I guess you will be wealthy enough to take care of that. So good luck - and you all should move down to Texas and form a little Country for yourselves.

tgrock

Post by tgrock »

Dan wrote:I'll vote for Bush, as I did in 2000. Simple rule when voting. Ask yourself, "Who do the terrorists want to win?" Then vote for the other guy.
You are an idiot.