Ryan Adams New Studio Album

calexico

Post by calexico »

It's only ok for me because I know he is capable of so much better. These songs sound just barely a step up from the tired ass Rock and Roll album.

pdg

Post by pdg »

The new Ryan Adams came out the same day the new U2 was free on iTunes. Coincidentally (and ironically), Ryan sounds more like the old U2 on this one.

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Left A Slide wrote:Funny, I didn't want to like it, but I do. As much as I want to dislike that guy, he can put out some good music.
I'm much the same way... I always expect to be turned off by anything Ryan Adams does these days, but occasionally I'm surprised. I'm surprised by this new one. By and large, it's great stuff.

Tim in the ATL

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

Funny, I didn't want to like it, but I do. As much as I want to dislike that guy, he can put out some good music.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

I really want to like it as Mike Viola from the Candy Buthers produced but so far finding it pretty kinda bland.

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

I wanted to love it. But I don't.

It doesn't remind me of either one. I don't get the Petty vibe he was channeling... I'm still hoping for another Heartbreaker or Gold, those were the days man... Strangers Almanac still gets 4 1\2 stars from me.

I'm actually enjoying 1984 more.

Redsun

Ryan Adams New Studio Album

Post by Redsun »

David Ryan Adams self-titled 14th studio album came out. Made by his own studio PAX-AM

Far away from good-old whiskeytown years. But still has some cool songs in it. Reminds me a mixture of Cold Roses and Ashes and Fire.

What do you think about it?