There's something in the air for a reunion now?

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

I actually love Heirdorn's drumming, powerful at times. Dave is solid, fluid but not aggressive enough for me. I may have ventured on a tangent, there's no need for Jay to go backwards on any level.

If you don't think money can motivate someone, then you must wipe your ass with $100 dollar bills. There'd be no other reason for them to play together other than cold hard cash. So in that sense, I wouldnt bet the farm on it but stranger things have happened.

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

thatbeat wrote:maybe im totally naïve but I think a UT reunion would have a very limited audience and it would certainly have to be a festival setting, IMO, for it to be of some significance.

don't get me wrong, I'd be in the front row if it went down, but this is a dead horse that's been beaten so many times.
How did we go from the possibility of the Boquist brothers and Mike Heidorn rejoining Son Volt to a UT reunion? It is one thing to suggest that the Boquists and Heidorn get off of their couches and start playing music again; it is quite another to ask Mr. Tweedy to step off of his hipster pedestal and out of the limelight of pop stardom.

UT reunion ain't happening. Boquists and Heidorn back with Jay? It may still be unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Tim in the ATL

BIGfan

Post by BIGfan »

Man, let's hope so... 2015 sounds like as good a time as any!

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

maybe im totally naïve but I think a UT reunion would have a very limited audience and it would certainly have to be a festival setting, IMO, for it to be of some significance.

don't get me wrong, I'd be in the front row if it went down, but this is a dead horse that's been beaten so many times.

if REM gets back together when they are 65 collecting SS $, or The Smiths if they get into the RnR Hall of Fame, or if Jay and Jeff have another moment on the beach in Mexico and decide to make it happen... shit I'll be any of those shows.

I'm still thinking the wheels are turning for Jay and the next chapter is going to unfold in 2015.

Love Jackson

Post by Love Jackson »

I would be all for it, but I don't get the sense that Jay's a very nostalgic guys. Imagine the payout he'd get for even a one off Uncle Tupelo gig, and he's never gone down that road...

criminals

Post by criminals »

Don't tease... man that would be cool.

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

It all depends if he's following his 5 year cycle plan...

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Son Volt 2.0 has indeed felt a bit like a revolving door situation, with musicians essentially coming in and out to support Jay's solo work under the Son Volt moniker. I miss the cohesiveness of Son Volt as a **band**, in the strictest sense of that word. I'd love to have the Boquists and Heidorn rejoin. There's magic between those four that, despite some amazing songs, we haven't heard since.

Tim in the ATL

keith21

Post by keith21 »

I'd welcome it, but Jay doesn't seem like the reunion type. It didn't work the first time. But who knows.

wheelhousetunes

There's something in the air for a reunion now?

Post by wheelhousetunes »

It seems like the time is right for a proper reunion of Jay with Heidorn and the Boquist (killer) brothers.

Don't it?