Boquist version of SV/Crazy Horse

ThrasherBear

Post by ThrasherBear »

The ode to Crazy Horse predates Son Volt--Jay's Neil guitar and Mike's Ralph drums are nowhere as pronounced as on UT's Looking For a Way Out. I've played that opening for a bunch of Rusties, and they're shocked when Jay's voice kicks in (fully expecting this to be some unreleased Crazy Horse recording). The sincerest form of flattery....

KC.BBBS

Post by KC.BBBS »

I can not agree more with those first three posts.

m.truslow

Post by m.truslow »

keith21 wrote:I was listening to the official Live 1999 the other day and thinking the same thing.
For my money SV 1 were the only ones who came close to that CH sound, largely due to Mike Heidorn's drumming and Dave's Les Paul. SV 2, even during it's original rocking lineup, did not have that spark and rough edge.
Completely agree friend. I don't have the official live SV CDS just yet but I intend on buying them. That "Nashville '98" show is unreal and nice and sloppy. Just the way I like my Rock'n Roll. M.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

I was listening to the official Live 1999 the other day and thinking the same thing.
For my money SV 1 were the only ones who came close to that CH sound, largely due to Mike Heidorn's drumming and Dave's Les Paul. SV 2, even during it's original rocking lineup, did not have that spark and rough edge.

m.truslow

Boquist version of SV/Crazy Horse

Post by m.truslow »

Man, do I wish Jay would bring back these guys. I was listening to the Nashville 98 bootleg and just wow! I came up with a name for the hybrid of Son Volt and Crazy Horse because that incarnation reminds me of something like that. Crazy Volt or Son Horse. Just amazing. God do I wish Jay would bring out the amps and push up the volume.