New Tour Dates

ct

Post by ct »

Thanks Tim!

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

I might be the only one who thinks "Drag it Up" is their best album. Of course it may have something to do with the fact that I got turned on to them late in life and that was their first album I owned.

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

ct wrote:I've never been a big fan of Rhett Miller or the Old 97's. I don't dislike them and have heard a handful of their songs.

What am I missing and/ or where should I start?

Thanks,
ct

'Too Far to Care' is the place to start. High-energy and great writing from the heyday of alt-country. Remains my favorite Old 97s record, and certainly in my top 10 quintessential "alt-country" records.

From there, I'd suggest going backwards to 'Wreck Your Life' and 'Hitchhike to Rhome.' These have the sound of a great and completely unique band on the rise. More acoustic and rough around the edges than everything to come, but both brilliant records in their own right.

Truthfully, I think their latest, 'Most Messed Up,' is among their best -- definitely my favorite since 'Too Far to Care' (1997).

If you're really digging that stuff, check out 'Fight Songs' and 'Satellite Rides.' Those are a bit poppier, but still some really great tunes.

And I'd steer clear of 'Drag It Up' and 'Blame It On Gravity.' Those do absolutely nothing for me.

Tim in the ATL

ct

Post by ct »

I've never been a big fan of Rhett Miller or the Old 97's. I don't dislike them and have heard a handful of their songs.

What am I missing and/ or where should I start?

Thanks,
ct

ThrasherBear

Post by ThrasherBear »

Interesting pairing. Musically a good fit, but incredibly different approaches to audience interaction. I wonder if they've ever done anything together before, and if not how this came about. Hope it comes out west, although Rhett is doing a variety show thing in SF this week.

ct

Post by ct »

Cincy!

😊

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

pretty cool that he's doing some dates with Rhett Miller, that show would be a must-see.

KC.BBBS

New Tour Dates

Post by KC.BBBS »

April 23: 20th Century Theater: Cincinnati
April 24: The Castle: Bloomington, I'll.
April 25, 26: Old Town School of Folk: Chicago