Uncle Tupelo: RR Hall of Fame Possibilities?

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Ha! A reunion would be nice!)
There really isn't any rhyme or reason from what I can see. Gram Parsons has been nominated twice, and hasn't received the votes needed for induction. But at least someone on that nominating committee, which does change a bit each year (I think), went to bat for him. I only recognize a few names, such as Robbie Robertson, so don't have any idea if there is an Uncle Tupelo advocate quietly waiting for the right moment to try and rally support.

ThrasherBear

Post by ThrasherBear »

You realize of course what that would mean?

REUNION!

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

From 2011 River Front Times:
(On my phone and paste isn't working, so from memory)

All part of RRHOF exhibition in 2011: Uncle Tupelo poster from Cicero's, Son Volt recent poster, Jeff Tweedy's nudie suit, guitar favored by Jay Bennett.

Tokyo Fan

Uncle Tupelo: RR Hall of Fame Possibilities?

Post by Tokyo Fan »

I've been frequenting another music forum where any discussion/reference to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is sure to bring out the daggers...but (!), not intending to create discord here.

The RRHOF induction ceremony, though, is next month. Base criteria is that artist can be nominated 25 years after release of first album. Nominations come from a vote of the nominating committee. Right now that consists of 41 members. After that it goes to 600 (?) voting members.

Musical excellence is base criteria (which seems subjective to me!) but the bands "influence" is often bandied about. At least by fans. In that case....does Uncle Tupelo have a whisper of a chance as, supposedly, the originators of an entire genre? What do you think?