Very nice!

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

From this summer's Eddie's Attic show:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... D6YGVExL2B

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

Trace came out in 1995!

Maybe he's getting the band back together!

HOT SHIT!!!!

BIGfan

Post by BIGfan »

I heard from someone who was at the Nashville show that Jay was promoting a 20th Anniversary re-release + bonus materials sometime this fall and will be touring the West Coast !! Maybe this is the beginning of something BIG! Anyone else know anything?

beatenbynonfiction

Post by beatenbynonfiction »

Anyone go? Set List? Any new songs? I searched for local write-ups and found nothing. Next thing you know this web site will be hacked

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

anyone make it to the 2 recent shows?

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

I was wondering what was making him do these two shows down South- maybe a pitstop at a destination recording studio? 8)

Hopefully a nice report from Nashville and ATL this weekend from some fans will help us get over the hump for now.

As I get older, there are very few artists I anxiously await new music from- Jay is at the top of my list.

megaballs

Post by megaballs »

ThrasherBear wrote:Whoa everybody. Jay has written and recorded a huge number of absolutely brilliant songs, and has made precious little income from it. He's a true artist, and has never created for the money, but he lives in the real world, has a family and everyday responsibilities. He'll create new music to share with us when his muse.
My hope is Jay has banked some cash from his continually great new music recently and the catalogue allows him to live with his family in comfort while he plots his next move, next theme....I talked once with someone close to him. My fear was he d just stop and cut us fans off. He felt Jay couldn't ever stop writing...it wasn't him.

derekf

Post by derekf »

I just watched two dogs attempt to corral a cat that I was trying to get to come inside. She was having none of it. Girl Cat - 1, slow, but well-meaning dogs - 0.

ThrasherBear

Post by ThrasherBear »

Whoa everybody. Jay has written and recorded a huge number of absolutely brilliant songs, and has made precious little income from it. He's a true artist, and has never created for the money, but he lives in the real world, has a family and everyday responsibilities. He'll create new music to share with us when his muse and personal situation allow. Don't push him--what he does is deeply personal and we're lucky he shares it at all. I do wish some admiring, wealthy benefactors would subsidize Jay and other true great but under-paid artists. Sounds like a new version of philanthropic crowdfunding.

BIGfan

Post by BIGfan »

I agree, WTF, Jay?? Its been almost 20 years since SV released Trace - and they've dwindled down to nothing - even this message board has gotten to be totally lame.

derekf

Post by derekf »

Indeed. While not at the level of say, Gillian Welch's departure from the studio of 8-odd years between Soul Journey and The Harrow and the Harvest, 2+ years is way too long.

thatbeat

Eddie's Attic show???

Post by thatbeat »

if anyone is going to the show.... will you please stick around after the show, corner Jay in a cool manner, offer him a beer or something, and ask him WTF is up and when some tunes will be forthcoming?

shit. I'm wondering what our hero is up to.