20th Anniversary of Trace

criminals

Post by criminals »

Got my tix for the STL show on Sat. Have never been to The Sheldon and can't wait. Here's what friend told me about it:

They say the Sheldon is one of the most acoustically perfect venues in the country. I went to see KD Lang there years ago and she was amazing. Her voice was almost too powerful for the room. She never used a microphone.

JWB56

Post by JWB56 »

I see Andrew Duplantis is on the bill for the Dallas show, I guess he's the opener. I wonder if he'll help out later.

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

Thanks for the feedback gdavis and monkeygunner. I will pick up the vinyl, but that is disappointing news with regards to the lack of a d/l card and the skimpy packaging/lack of quality liner notes.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

I have the original release on vinyl and think the sound quality is very good. I did not buy the Remastered version on vinyl. Instead, I bought the Itunes Deluxe version for $14. The demos included are ok but the Live portion is fantastic.

Monkeygunner

Post by Monkeygunner »

el caballo loco wrote:A couple of questions for those who've already picked this up....

How is the sound quality of the vinyl? Was it digitally sourced or does it sound like good vinyl should? Does the vinyl version include the ability to download the bonus material digitally? Are there liner notes with regards to it being a landmark album celebrating its twenty-year anniversary?
SQ listening grade of the vinyl is NM-. It was pressed at STERLING SOUND by Ray Janos. On my copy there is inner track noise between tracks on both sides but does not take away from the listening experience IMO. They have solved the sibilance issues they had with the 1st pressing. I would rate this pressing much better than the first (which I rate the SQ on my copy as VG+).

Packaging is minimal. No printed inner. No d/l card; no gatefold heavy card stock reissue here. The cover is matte not glossy. Surprising how NON-Celebratory this reissue is. I guess the artist picked the lease expensive package for rhino to bring to market....

The vinyl is 180gram and feels/sounds (if it weren't for the noise between tracks the pressing would be magically) great!

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

el caballo loco wrote:A couple of questions for those who've already picked this up....

How is the sound quality of the vinyl? Was it digitally sourced or does it sound like good vinyl should? Does the vinyl version include the ability to download the bonus material digitally? Are there liner notes with regards to it being a landmark album celebrating its twenty-year anniversary?
I did not buy it but I know it does not include any downloads.

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

A couple of questions for those who've already picked this up....

Monkeygunner

Post by Monkeygunner »

TragicFig wrote:PLEASE add a drummer and play this album full throttle. I don't want to hear the acoustic guitar and fiddle version! :evil:
I do mofo!

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

I don't see the powers that be doing a major re-issue for the other 2 SV 1.0 albums, don't get me wrong, I love the other two, but Trace was\is clearly something very special.

6StringBeliever

Post by 6StringBeliever »

Looking forward to the 10/29 show.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

Man, the Austin tickets didn't last long. I finally decided to throw down for the trip about a week after being announced and they were gone. Houston continues to suck as a music city, so no show here. :(

It's hard to believe it has been 20 years since Trace came out. It changed my whole musical landscape. I'm glad to see it is getting its run and I too was bummed out there was no sort of special band run for the anniversary...maybe on the 25th?

ThrasherBear

Post by ThrasherBear »

While I'd love to see Son Volt 1.0 (or 2.0 for that matter) do these songs, that seems unlikely. While it doesn't get as much ink as the UT dissolution, the end of SV1 sounded pretty acrimonious. Jay seems to have his "Perry Farrell view" on a SV1 reunion too. But, he could maybe grab Mike to join Eric and Gary. They would just need a bass player (Tweedy?😎).

In any case, I'm psyched Eric will be playing, and yeah, adding Left a Slide would be icing on the cake. From previous quotes though it sounds like he left that song behind long ago. Damn.

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Terraplane

Post by Terraplane »

Since Heywood is on board, this would be awfully nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za64md-Ax7E

criminals

Post by criminals »

Dave: Hello
Jay: hey Dave
Dave: Hey Jay
Jay: we're getting the band back together
Dave: cool
Jay: see ya
Dave: later