Birchmere 2015-10-28

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

Here's a flawed recording, but nonetheless a chance to hear what the Trace shows sound like:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... omm7034762

6StringBeliever

Post by 6StringBeliever »

Thanks very much for the review.
I'm attending tonight's show in Ardmore, PA (near Philadelphia).

phix174

Thanks for the review

Post by phix174 »

That is a great venue; I saw the New Multitudes tour there. The review sounds great, and I am glad to hear of such a set list. I was in Nashville recently, and he did not play but for an hour (radio show). I am psyched, as I just purchased a ticket for the St. Louis show and hope for the same type of show you experienced. Cheers!

Uncle Eph

Post by Uncle Eph »

Thanks. Forgot to mention he also played a new song, which he introduced as being about a rebellion in Ireland a few hundred years ago. Coincidentally, that was one of the longer bits of banter on the night. Jay seemed to be in a good mood but still not real talkative.

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

Great review! Thank you!

Uncle Eph

Birchmere 2015-10-28

Post by Uncle Eph »

Terrific show tonight. They played every song from Trace (albeit not in album order) before doing several other solo/SV songs, including:

Barstow
Driving the View
Back Into Your World
Methamphetamine
The Picture
Afterglow 61
Seawall
Wild Side
Brick Walls
Hearts and Minds
Rainy Day Women (Dylan)

I might have missed a few, and these aren't in order. Jay said that this might have been the first time he ever played "Mystifies Me" live.

The band sounded great. Eric Heywood played pedal steel on every song, Jay played acoustic guitar on all of them (I think), and Gary Hunt moved from electric guitar to steel guitar to fiddle for different songs. The highlight for me was the "steel guitar cage match" of Ten Second News, but the whole show was outstanding. Hope someone recorded this show or gets one later in the tour, because the arrangements were just beautiful.

Not that anyone on this board needs convincing, but this mini-tour is not to be missed.