What Are You Listening To Right Now?

DumbQuestion

Post by DumbQuestion »

Richard Hell and the Voi Doids-Blank Generation
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1-fveh6oc8[url]

I LOOOVVVEEE this song!!!
Only have it on Vinyl at my folks house in NY, so a youtube clip is the best I can to listen to it right now..

DumbQuestion

Post by DumbQuestion »

Twisted-Lambert, Hendricks & Ross off of this Beat Generation Box set I have..
**My analyst told me, that I was right outta my head**
My second band used to cover this. A few bands did. Joni Mitchell one for one..

DumbQuestion

Post by DumbQuestion »

Blur's-Leisure

My desire to hear different records is now exceeding how fast I can actually access them. I need to commit to one in it's entirety, but obviously that is just not happening right now :-)

DumbQuestion

Post by DumbQuestion »

Ya know what you don't realize about attending lesbian social functions until you actually start hanging out within the community...
The line to the bathroom is Super Long!!

Re: Early Country influences..
Come to think of it, there was very much a Rock vs. Country argument in my house *Really early on* in my childhood, it's just that my dad won and his record collection was the one that dominated the stereo!
Wish my mom would have fought harder, but Thanks to UT, I eventually came back around :-)

Texas Tom

Post by Texas Tom »

dcarter wrote: She yelled, "Look at all the fucking lesbians!" Boss said he thought that there was going to be a throwdown brawl! I love my elizabeth! Of corse,I reminded her of all this when see realized what song was on. :D
thats freakin hillarious!

DumbQuestion

Post by DumbQuestion »

Ohhhhhh...Coal Miners Daughter Soundtrack!!
Next up...
Other than Merle Haggard's Daddy Frank and Rita Coolidge Nickel for the Fiddler, which my mom would play for me on guitar when I was little, And that Rocky Top Tennessee song which I would hear on the radio and loved...Oh yeah, and my grandfather's copies of The Gambler and Coward of the County, Coal Miners Daughter (the movie) was my premier Twangy influence..
After that it was UT..Wish I could claim stuff in between, but other than a Flying Burrito's Bros record in my dad's collection, which I can only remember seeing in his stack and never actually hearing, there wasn't that much..
Well, Of course there was The Band too..but other than all the really famous country Rock, which I never really considered Country when hearing it growing up..I think that was it..

Oh yeah..My cousin loved Emmy Lou Harris, so her too...

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

:lol: My wife finally gets home and what comes up on shuffle? When The stars Go Blue<Ryan Adams & The cardinals>Red Rocks Amphitheatre 03/Aug/07 (we were there). Why is this funny? Because last week she was at a conference in Chattanooga with our asst. principal and another teacher. They went unknowingly, to a lesbian karaoke bar. She had had a bottle of wine at dinner and boss kept buying her pints. She sang "when the stars go blue" The DJ siad but it's a duet. She said it isn't a fucking duet. He said, "yeah. Bono and The Coors". She held her Ryan lovin' tongue and yelled, "Does anybody wanna duet?" No one did, surprisingly. She sang it. Afterwards, she noticed women making out al around. She yelled, "Look at all the fucking lesbians!" Boss said he thought that there was going to be a throwdown brawl! I love my elizabeth! Of corse,I reminded her of all this when see realized what song was on. :D

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Coal Miner's Blues>The Carter Family>The Carter family, Vol. 2: 1935 - 1941 My peeps!!

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

DISAPPOINTED MAN>Freedy Johnston>This Perfect World
Does Mark Spencer play on this or was it only on tour?

DumbQuestion

Post by DumbQuestion »

Hee Hee..
Yes, I actually do spend a lot of time Walking in L.A. :lol:
But have now moved on to a Def Jam Classics comp-Volume Two-

Fav-est track!!!
Remember EVERY WORD!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzndS93f15M

Edit: Well ok, not Every word..Getting a little lost now...

Texas Tom

Post by Texas Tom »

DumbQuestion wrote:Ahhhh..the 80's ;-)
For we may not be the Young Ones very looonnggg

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Shaking Hands (Soldier's Joy)>Michelle Shocked and Uncle Tupelo>Arkansas Traveler Feckin' Excellent!
I know that it was supposedly a clusterfuck but I'd have loved to see that tour: Taj Mahal, Uncle Tupelo and Michelle Shocked

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

The perfect kick off to the shuffle session: Blue Rondo A La Turk<The Dave Brubeck Quartet>Take Five
Now: Nothing Man>Bruce Springsteen>The rising
That 14% is obvious in the santa claus!

Talus

Post by Talus »

Texas Tom wrote:
calexico wrote:You know, I might get stick for saying this but I love Fleetwood Mac and really love Stevie Nicks early solo stuff. Bella Donna is a killer of an album.
Fleetwood Mac is one my favorites for sure... Ive seen Stevie solo several times too, always good live. If you havent you should check out Lindsey Buckinghams last solo album "Under the Skin" , its really good, he does a sweet Donovan cover on it.
I'm a sucker for the Bob Welch stuff-so laid back and trippy.

Saw 'em in like '79 on the Tusk tour.

DumbQuestion

Post by DumbQuestion »

Ahhhh..the 80's ;-)
For we may not be the Young Ones very looonnggg