Bellymina

Redsun

Post by Redsun »

Beautiful song, beautiful fiddles and lyrics. Jay's historical perspective and content creativity exactly great. Song reminded me the slaughter rule soundtrack era also.

wrecking ball operator

Post by wrecking ball operator »

Love Jackson wrote:Wow...I thought this was a place where I was supposed to share my opinion of the song. Wasn't that the point of the poster sharing it?

I change my post: I love Jay. Everything he does is brilliant. To hell with anybody who feels differently.
Thanks. That's much better.

TimATL will be happy, too.

Love Jackson

Post by Love Jackson »

Wow...I thought this was a place where I was supposed to share my opinion of the song. Wasn't that the point of the poster sharing it?

I change my post: I love Jay. Everything he does is brilliant. To hell with anybody who feels differently.

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

turpentim wrote:Simply gorgeous. And I'm completely on board with whatever Jay decides to do in the foreseeable future in terms of instrumentation. There are some artists, albeit few and far between, that I enjoy so much that I just kind of consider myself along for the ride -- ready to be taken wherever their artistry takes them.

Also, lest we forget, for years following 'Trace' and 'Straightaways', Jay no doubt received criticism for abandoning the acoustic/folk sound of Son Volt's first two records. Then, when he finally returns to it, we're here to tell him that he's going to "lose" us unless he plugs back in. Geezus.

Tim in the ATL
totally

Wetz

Post by Wetz »

Thank you! Love this new song so much! I was lucky to hear it twice in Portland and Seattle last weekend. Jay still has it!

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Simply gorgeous. And I'm completely on board with whatever Jay decides to do in the foreseeable future in terms of instrumentation. There are some artists, albeit few and far between, that I enjoy so much that I just kind of consider myself along for the ride -- ready to be taken wherever their artistry takes them.

Also, lest we forget, for years following 'Trace' and 'Straightaways', Jay no doubt received criticism for abandoning the acoustic/folk sound of Son Volt's first two records. Then, when he finally returns to it, we're here to tell him that he's going to "lose" us unless he plugs back in. Geezus.

Tim in the ATL

Trellis

Post by Trellis »

Thanks! He's sounding good for sure

Love Jackson

Post by Love Jackson »

It's a fine song, but he's losing me...Need a plugged in, rocking Farrar.

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

thatbeat wrote:thought those who are bt challenged would enjoy hearing the new song, check this out:

https://youtu.be/BMfdgs-3KNc
lovely.

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

thought those who are bt challenged would enjoy hearing the new song, check this out:

https://youtu.be/BMfdgs-3KNc

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

this show from The Birchmere, posted on Dime has a version, the recording is screwed up in some parts, but check it here:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=544659

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

wrecking ball operator wrote:Thanks, you guys, but I found it on my own!

Cheers!
Can you share with us where exactly you found it? I've been dying to hear it and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

Tim in the ATL

wrecking ball operator

Thanks, you guys, but I found it on my own!

Cheers!

wrecking ball operator

Bellymina

Is this song's performance posted anywheres?