Seeking Tix for LA Show

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

https://youtu.be/vyEg4Le8cYo

From the Troubadour show

sonvolt3974

Post by sonvolt3974 »

Would love to have heard Left of Slide. Hope he plays it for ya!

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

LA seemed in alright spirits. I think the room was sprinkled with Warner Bros suits out for a wild comp night at the Troubadour - celebrating the 20th Anniversary Reissue of the album they've never heard.

Really dug the new song - it made me think about the generally pretty huge influence of irish/celtic music on Farrar. Even the way he plays Hearts and Minds now really brings out that ancient drone influence. Got me thinking that Honky Tonk the album sounds more like irish folk music than straight up honky-tonk.

It is always great seeing Jay, he sounded great and was playing great. It was a bit hard to see Trace so stripped down and I was a little more into the second half of the show. The cover of Rainy Day Woman was killer.

I was not a huge fan of the opening act.

Here's looking forward - I'd love to see Jay keep working with Mark Spencer and Anders Parker. Just sayin'.
Last edited by grainpulp on Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThrasherBear

Post by ThrasherBear »

So he's saving Left a Slide for us in SF tonight? Awesome!!!

sonvolt3974

Post by sonvolt3974 »

The show was great! The setlist in line with what he's been playing in other cities. Stand outs for me were "Out Of The Picture," "Too Early" and "Windfall." It was great hearing "Driving The View" too. I liked the traditional irish folk influenced vibe of the new tune, Ballynene (SP?). Didn't take any photos or vid, but hopefully someone else will post. Crowd was at capacity and respectful (at least where I was standing). Sound and mix were excellent. Jay's voice spot on. Eric Heywood and Gary Hunt are masters of their instruments and really filled things out. Overall, a great night!

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

that's badass you scored day-of for a sold out show.

your homework is to report back here tomorrow and fill us in. take some video of any new songs Jay plays too!

sonvolt3974

Post by sonvolt3974 »

I got a ticket, but will leave this post up in case someone else needs one! Can't wait for the show!!

sonvolt3974

Seeking Tix for LA Show

Post by sonvolt3974 »

If anyone has extra tix for tonight's show I'd love to buy them from you. One will do, but two would be better. Thanks! -Scott