Sinking Down

TenSecondNews

Post by TenSecondNews »

wrecking ball operator wrote:
TenSecondNews wrote:
turpentim wrote:SMOKIN'. We've heard 4 songs now, nearly half the album, and this thing is absolutely KILLER.
Technically, we have heard half the album if you count the preview of Static on the Son Volt Facebook page, but I completely agree. And I honestly don't think the band has rocked this hard since Wide Swing Tremolo. A very promising sign!
Oh, I don't know... I think Okemah rocked "pretty hard."
I went back and listened to it today. I forgot how good that album is. I'd say it's probably their least country sounding album, though. Any Son Volt is good Son Volt, in my opinion.

wrecking ball operator

Post by wrecking ball operator »

TenSecondNews wrote:
turpentim wrote:SMOKIN'. We've heard 4 songs now, nearly half the album, and this thing is absolutely KILLER.
Technically, we have heard half the album if you count the preview of Static on the Son Volt Facebook page, but I completely agree. And I honestly don't think the band has rocked this hard since Wide Swing Tremolo. A very promising sign!
Oh, I don't know... I think Okemah rocked "pretty hard."

TenSecondNews

Post by TenSecondNews »

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

SMOKIN'. We've heard 4 songs now, nearly half the album, and this thing is absolutely KILLER.

Tim in the ATL

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

I really appreciate this phrase: "Part of that meant bringing out the old Webster Chicago amplifier I used for Son Volt's (1995 debut) record Trace, the amplifier that's on the cover of that record," Farrar says. "It's a low-powered amp that just delivers a big sound, and I just wanted to revisit the sound of that amp. It sort of represents a quintessential sounding blues amplifier."

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Oh hell yeah! Another killer tune from this record! Love the bridge in this song!! Smokin'!! :D

Antelope850

Sinking Down

Post by Antelope850 »

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... nking-down

:D :P

The new songs will be fun to play live, he predicts, but Farrar acknowledges that the different tunings will require some coordination with his techs in the wings. "We're going to have some long talks, with charts about what guitars to use when," Farrar says. "It's going to be an adventure."