notes of blue streaming today....

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Been waiting so long for this record! 10 new great tunes for my life soundtrack. A tremendous effort by a national treasure. Well done Jay.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Second time through. Normally there might be a couple songs that immediately catch my ear, but I've already jotted down five (!), and I was trying to not get carried away: Back Against the Wall; Cherokee St.; The Storm; Midnight (what a powerful vocal performance. Simply superb); and Threads and Steel ("There's a man going around...taking names "). But the entire album is a home run. Well done.

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

camaroheadus wrote:holy shit the first song is incredible!!!!!!!!!
Yes! Instant Farrar classic.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

Damn, this one is a good one. I'm really digging it. Of course, Promise the World pulled me right in. But it really doesn't relent on the goodness. I'm on my 4th listen.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Farrar is in great voice. Haven't heard so many songs by Jay that feature women, whiskey and wine in a while! A very nice flow to the album, with everything short and to the point

The usual nitpick with the NPR overview: yep, gotta start things off by making a(n invalid) comparison. It would have been much more interesting to the reader if New Multitudes and other recent work was highlighted. A waste of the first paragraph.

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

threads ands steel ends the album perfectly, damn this is some nasty head-bobbin' tunes on this album, I'm pumped to hear these live!!!

The wait was worth it, I'm digging this album big time!

TenSecondNews

Post by TenSecondNews »

Listening to the stream now. Absolutely loving that guitar crunch in Static!

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

holy shit the first song is incredible!!!!!!!!!

camaroheadus

notes of blue streaming today....

Post by camaroheadus »