Little Rock, AR (3.2.17) Setlist

criminals

Post by criminals »

Man, I can't wait to hear this. I don't think I have ever heard Buzz and Grind live. And it's been a long time for Catching On. Maybe Straightaways tour? As soon as I finally get my NOB CD I just ordered (see Tale of Blue thread), I'll be ready for those tunes as well!

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

Pretty cool that Timothy B. Schmit stood in for Andrew on bass! :wink:

Antelope850

Re: Drummer

Post by Antelope850 »

ThrasherBear wrote: Who is playing drums? Doesn't look like photos I've seen of Jacob Edwards, but I could be wrong.
Found this on mystatesman.com - Don't know why the change from Jacob Edwards: "and the current touring lineup features an Austin-grounded rhythm section in bassist Andrew Duplantis and drummer Mark Patterson"

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

WOW!!! that IS a RAWK show!
thanks so much for posting, i was really hoping someone would report back today.

ThrasherBear

Drummer

Post by ThrasherBear »

Checked out the videos--hope some come up with Jay and the Gretsch.

Who is playing drums? Doesn't look like photos I've seen of Jacob Edwards, but I could be wrong.

Tokyo Fan

Re: Were they having fun?

Post by Tokyo Fan »

ThrasherBear wrote:Did the band seem to be enjoying themselves (and each other)? Any words from the stage? Was Jay solo on Still Be Around? Andrew in good voice (and long hair!)? Mark play some keyboards as well as pedal steel?

Can't wait for Great American Music Hall!
Watch the Still Be Around video and you'll have some answers to a couple of your questions.

ThrasherBear

Were they having fun?

Post by ThrasherBear »

Did the band seem to be enjoying themselves (and each other)? Any words from the stage? Was Jay solo on Still Be Around? Andrew in good voice (and long hair!)? Mark play some keyboards as well as pedal steel?

Can't wait for Great American Music Hall!

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Ah, then maybe it was Voodoo Candle that Mark was referencing, instead of Route (which I think is always part of the set...isn't it?).

Nice performance of Tear Stained Eye!

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

<<Did Jay play his solos on Back Against The Wall or did he hand those off to Chris Frame? How was the Velvet Underground cover??>>

I'm fairly certain that Jay handled the Back Against the Wall solo, but I can't recall. The final closer was frenetic. Jay really seemed to enjoy playing it. One more bit of trivia, Voodoo Candle was listed on the original setlist early in the show but crossed out! Dang. Hopefully it will reappear later in the tour.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

The three songs, from our "request/guess what will be on set list" thread, that Mark said we had right:

Damn Shame
Ten Second News
Route

widespreadchanges

Post by widespreadchanges »

Tokyo and Antelope love to groom. Just make sure you're straight and you'll be accepted as as setlist writer forever. Thanks for the link Antelope :x

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Some youtube videos are up already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjjJh-I6tj0

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Yep, great review, TragicFig. Thanks!
So The Storm and Threads and Steel were the two new songs that weren't played.
25 songs played, I expect, at a blistering pace.

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Thanks for the great wrap-up TragicFig. Set list looks fantastic. Would love to see The Storm in there too. But that is a sweet set list.

Did Jay play his solos on Back Against The Wall or did he hand those off to Chris Frame?

How was the Velvet Underground cover?

Redsun

Post by Redsun »

what a great setlist! excellent! thanks for the selection guys.

welcome back "buzz & grind" long time no see :)