Asheville 2017!

Okeman

Post by Okeman »

I enjoyed Johnny Irion's set. Check out thatbeat's video (there's a link earlier in this thread). He is married to Arlo Guthrie's daughter, and his great-uncle was John Steinbeck, if I am remembering correctly.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Okeman wrote:
Tokyo Fan wrote:
Oh, who is the guy who comes out at the end for backing vocals and tambourine?
Johnny Irion
Thanks.

Okeman

Post by Okeman »

Tokyo Fan wrote:
Johnny Irion

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Finally watched the rest of this and....wow! Wow! I was jumping out of my seat, absolutely fantastic.

As usual, no messing about. And the flow of the set is really well thought out.

Triple guitar! Driving the View, Route and then Drown...I guess I already said fantastic, so whatever word tops that description.

And the VU cover. yes, I saw what the rest of you were saying but didn't think that much of the original song. But this has made me a believer. Way to go, Mark!

Okay, I have probably exceeded my limit on the exclamation marks.

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

Jesus, this is fucking great. On my second go through. These guys are rocking it. Hopefully up to 11.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

thatbeat wrote:Here ya go folks:
https://youtu.be/JFMfcQGoFzk

A few folks bumped into me throughout the night, place was jammed packed, after a few songs I raised the tripod up as high as it would go, i think i'm over everyone at that point. One guy fell into the table so there's just a few bumpy moments but overall its a solid single-cam video.

Thanks to the folks at Grey Eagle for allowing me to video over the years (and supplying me power) and Sharon for the green light.

Definitely DO NOT MISS THIS TOUR!!!

Okeman- wish you had said hello!

It was a beautiful evening in Asheville.
Great job! Thanks a lot for this. I'm only 40 minutes in but am really enjoying the show. Miss Chatty finally shut up about 10 minutes ago which helps! A great performance of Midnight.

mtruslow

Post by mtruslow »

My mind is completely fucking blown after watching the Asheville show. I may have to rethink my plans for Admore Pa. The SV three guitar army was just amazing on "What Goes On". Wow, just fucking wow!

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

Johnny Irion's set:
https://youtu.be/UXDg4wvQiH0

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

Bring the dogs sawyer :D
I bet the CO show will be awesome!! Give us a report!

sawyer

Post by sawyer »

Thanks for this! can't wait for Fort Collins! 200 people total... small venue... should be fantastic! this will be show 4 of Jay/SonVolt in some capacity.
thatbeat wrote:Here ya go folks:
https://youtu.be/JFMfcQGoFzk

A few folks bumped into me throughout the night, place was jammed packed, after a few songs I raised the tripod up as high as it would go, i think i'm over everyone at that point. One guy fell into the table so there's just a few bumpy moments but overall its a solid single-cam video.

Thanks to the folks at Grey Eagle for allowing me to video over the years (and supplying me power) and Sharon for the green light.

Definitely DO NOT MISS THIS TOUR!!!

Okeman- wish you had said hello!

It was a beautiful evening in Asheville.

SonVoltFanBoone

Post by SonVoltFanBoone »

Just relived the night again. Thanks for posting the video!

ThrasherBear

Post by ThrasherBear »

Great stuff! 3/4 of the encore Uncle Tupelo songs. It's all excellent--the guitar tones are amazing. I particularly thought the interplay between Mark and Chris on Still Be Around was spellbinding.

Can't wait for Great American Music Hall!

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Hands down the best thing ever posted to this board. Thanks thatbeat! I'll be watching this for years to come!

Okeman

Post by Okeman »

Oh man, this video is priceless! Really nice job thatbeat! Your efforts are truly appreciated. I thought about yelling out your name. I should have. Now I know to look for the tall tripod...

Terraplane

Post by Terraplane »

TB --

This is awesome - thank you !!