Any Word On the KC Show?

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Thanks Laura. I see they shifted to a larger venue in Denver. Hope they are able to sell it out, as well.

banchara

Kansas City was TIGHT!

Post by banchara »

I can't get enough. I keep an eye on the live streams through FB. I booked tickets for my birthday in Denver. It was my favorite Son Volt show so far. I really liked the vinyl, but I was not prepared for the set openers....like jamming on the gas. So many guitar. Sometimes the vocals got lost a bit....but I'm biased towards hearing Jay/vocals over the guitars.

Points for style go to Mr. Edwards in his cowboy hat. I think he should repeat the look in Denver. If I ever see Mr. Farrar perform in anything besides a black shirt I will fall over dead...I will however, be fully revived if said shirt was checked or flannel type...Mr. Duplantis might have been adopted by Willie and Lucas Nelson...as bassie as ever. Love.... Chris Frame...this cat can get down. He looks very serious in all my photos. A nice addition to the band...Mr. Spencer, he plays all the parts I want to know how to play....and it's always nice to see him.

Ok...the set lis the seemed much like Grey Eagle...but Chickamauga at the end...(made all the old fans super happy. Not sure on the rest because I was just totally absorbed in the experience.

See this tour. If Son Volt was ever coming full circle, you hear it here. Very special show.

See you in Denver!

Laura

criminals

Post by criminals »

Wonder if the boys are continuing with Around and Around for this leg of the tour?

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Still crickets on KC, but the end of the set (Driving the View, Route, Drown, 61) that was posted on Facebook from the MN show was tight as hell...

TragicFig

Any Word On the KC Show?

Post by TragicFig »

Interested in how the KC show went/sounded. Any board member care to share?