Son Volt CBS Saturday Sessions 4-15-17

ThrasherBear

Post by ThrasherBear »

Watched all 3 songs multiple times. They did a great job of generating energy and inspiration in a sterile environment. Wonderful guitar tones, and Jay is in fine voice.

Andrew and Chris both grew facial hair since the tour started, Mark got a haircut. Jay, well looks like he did at 20. What the hell?

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

I saw about 1 minute of Promise the World on the show before they cut to commercial.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

I just watched the Promise the World performance. Yeah, all three of these were terrific. And Andrew's on harmony vocals on this one. Mark does a great job on pedal steel. Beautiful.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

CBS has done a lot of cool music pieces over the years on Saturday and Sunday morning. I'm really happy Jay and the boys are getting this exposure.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

I don't believe Promise the World aired on the show.

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Lots of camera time for Mark Spencer, who sounded sweet on pedal steel....

wrecking ball operator

Post by wrecking ball operator »

Thought the mixes for "Back Against the Wall" and "Promise the World" were terrible. "Lost Souls" was a bit better...

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

I heard Cherokee St. earlier, maybe when they were announcing the "coming up" thing. So a snippet of that was played as well. (From the album, not live.)

banchara

Post by banchara »

Oh that WAS nice!! Nice show of range. Im guessing this will draw in some new fans...well chosen songs...PAINFULLY RELEVANT these days.

Good ol youtube. I missed it live....it's on earlier here, I guess.

Glad to see the hat recurring.... Everyone looked all shinied up. Mmmmm Morning TV.

Love to see the exposure....still stoked for Denver!

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Now "Lost Souls"! Blistering! Nice.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Performing "Back Against the Wall" right now. Very nice! I didn't realize it's Mark on backing vocals (was thinking it was Duplantis).

phix174

Post by phix174 »

I don't have TV at home, so I'm glad to see that the performances from this morning's CBS airing are already posted to YouTube: "Back Against the Wall," "Lost Souls," and "Promise the World."

banchara

Post by banchara »

That's one way to put it. Lol. I'm so excited tho to see this. So excited that I'm suffering through freaking NEWS....ugh. you say it comes on at 9:45?

ThrasherBear

Post by ThrasherBear »

It's a terrific little program--kudos to CBS for doing this. If I was the producer, I'd do 2 songs and maybe skip the interview on 4/15. Jay has an off the chart quality of music to interviews ratio.