The Man Who Fell from Earth

koiseptember

Post by koiseptember »

I'll give anything described with 'atmospheric landscapes' a listen. Honestly, I'm a long time fan, but I think I've missed his last few releases. Magnet gave it a good review too. He's had quite the career going back to Space Needle, Varnaline and now solo.

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

I always gravitate back to ap.

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

ordered TMWFFE through his kickstarter but haven't received it yet.
Good to hear favorable revues. been a fan since Space Needle and he's never disappointed my ears. seen his solo shows a few times and he's just a totally approachable guy. Smoked cigarettes and talked about carpentry
before a show. Had a couple Guinesses with him after another. I'd love to have
a chat about guitar playing as he's one of my favorite players, extremely versatile, and plays for the song rather than as a crutch for a shit song.
His work on New Multitudes is amazing. wish that were a band...all those guys together, amazing. Speaking in positive exclamations is not a Trumpism.
I'll have a listen through Apple Music and see if I can add anything to the thread. ðŸ™￾

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

I'll give anything described with 'atmospheric landscapes' a listen. Honestly, I'm a long time fan, but I think I've missed his last few releases. Magnet gave it a good review too. He's had quite the career going back to Space Needle, Varnaline and now solo.

Redsun

Re: The Man Who Fell from Earth

Post by Redsun »

turpentim wrote:Let me just say that Anders Parker's new record will go down as his magnum opus. A flat-out masterpiece of sweeping, atmospheric landscapes and brilliant poetry. Anyone who has seen the film 'Tumbledown' will agree that this album should have been the subject rather than Damien Jurado's work. Jurado is fantastic, but this is of another world.

And as an aside, listen to the opening track, 'As the Stars Fell Down on Me', and tell me Michael Stipe doesn't wish he wrote that song.

Tim in the ATL
"Skin on Skin" is a very strong song. "Going Up North" tastes very Gob Ironish also.

"Sweet Baby, Sweetest Thing" has something special.

One of the best albums of 2017.

turpentim

The Man Who Fell from Earth

Post by turpentim »

Let me just say that Anders Parker's new record will go down as his magnum opus. A flat-out masterpiece of sweeping, atmospheric landscapes and brilliant poetry. Anyone who has seen the film 'Tumbledown' will agree that this album should have been the subject rather than Damien Jurado's work. Jurado is fantastic, but this is of another world.

And as an aside, listen to the opening track, 'As the Stars Fell Down on Me', and tell me Michael Stipe doesn't wish he wrote that song.

Tim in the ATL