Great American

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

widespreadchanges wrote:.....Where is the drummer from Anodyne now/?
Running a vintage drum shop (you must have missed Mark Spencer's post).

widespreadchanges

Post by widespreadchanges »

you're welcome Thrasherbear. pardon my question, but what was the line up back in the 93-98? People keep mentioning members I have never heard of.

i feel like to be yellowed squashed. I have been working on CMYKpunk. That was a great review, TragicFig w/ did' nt. SV just don't know. Did one die?

ONE of jay farrar's friends? Where is the drummer from Anodyne now/?

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Thanks for the review Thrasher. And I'm with you on finding the right spot to stand on this loud tour. +1 on the keys, Mark P, etc.

ThrasherBear

Great American

Post by ThrasherBear »

Referring to the venue, not myself.

Pleased to see a quite nice tour bus in front--Jay seems to be taking care of his guys.

Anders was wonderful, despite too much talking in the crowd. Why do people go to hear music and then chat away? I'll never get that. Otherwise good, large crowd.

Set up about 3 bodies back, in front of Andrew. Mistake. GAMH has PA right at face level there. Massively loud, to where the insrument separation, tone, nuance and beauty are gone. Tried to stick it out, but had to go to the middle further back. I'm not a wimp, but that's a bad setup. Sound improved there, but still didn't do the band justice.

That vantage point did give me a clear view of Jay's beautiful guitars in their rack offstage. Dang. And that funky sparkly strat (?) Chris plays.

Not much to say about the setlist--it's obviously stellar. He didn't play Still Be Around, which was missed. They rocked. I love what every guy on stage is bringing, and I strongly support keyboards in Son Volt! Andrew and Mark's vocals were too low in the mix. Mark P just blew me away--he plays much harder and head-on perfect.

This was a way better show than at the Fillmore on the Honky Tink tour. Fillmore has better sound though.

And this band is really special, perfect for Jay's amazing body of material.

OK Widespread?