In case you missed it

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Finally had the chance to see this. Great! Thanks for posting it.

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

This is excellent! Thanks for posting.
Lefty

widespreadchanges

Post by widespreadchanges »

turpentim wrote:I feel certain I'm alone in this sentiment, but I think 'Cherokee Street' loses its thunder
Tim in the ATL
Hey Tim. That's the great thing about son volt. The band is not manic at all. Everything fits together well when I listen to one of the 3 albums he released. Now, Drown. It is a pretty shocking song. I've never heard Son Volt do a song like that. So I am gonna bite, Cherokee Street after the Back Against the Wall high lite...Thanks for the leadership Tim. Or, maybe I just will listen to Muddy Waters Ramblin' Kid Blues for the before you go rest of my life...
Sincerely,Tony :x

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

I feel certain I'm alone in this sentiment, but I think 'Cherokee Street' loses its thunder on the live stage due to Chris Frame's playing. Don't get me wrong, Frame is a badass player, and his presence makes every other song better. But the power of 'Cherokee Street' lies in its primitivity, in the primal stomp of the drums and bass backing Jay's wicked riff. On the live stage, Frame's slide takes the song from primal to modern and sucks the nastiness out of it. Takes it from the BLUES of Son House to the blues-rock of Clapton or the Allman Bros. I think that, rather than the show-opener, the song should open the encore and only Farrar, Duplantis, and Patterson should come out for the song -- to be joined by Spencer and Frame for the remainder of the encore.

Tim in the ATL

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

WOW!!!!

jimh2

Re: In case you missed it

Post by jimh2 »

I missed it, so thanks!

manshank

In case you missed it

Post by manshank »