Son Volt EP

stevesevera

Post by stevesevera »

turpentim wrote:
dcarter wrote: Tim,
My apologies. I didn't investigate and therefore, I wasn't aware it was a vinyl only release. Sorry. I understand and agree. It is nice that a download code comes with purchase, so there you go! Buy it, download, listen and when the record arrives, keep it as a souvenir or a Farrar Frisbee. :D
No worries at all! And I had no idea it came with a download code. In that case, I'll order one now! Just out of curiosity, where'd you see that the purchase comes with a download code?

Tim in the ATL
I didnt know it did, ordered just to have it regardless - when you open the packaging theres a little card with a link and code to download inside

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

dcarter wrote: Tim,
My apologies. I didn't investigate and therefore, I wasn't aware it was a vinyl only release. Sorry. I understand and agree. It is nice that a download code comes with purchase, so there you go! Buy it, download, listen and when the record arrives, keep it as a souvenir or a Farrar Frisbee. :D
No worries at all! And I had no idea it came with a download code. In that case, I'll order one now! Just out of curiosity, where'd you see that the purchase comes with a download code?

Tim in the ATL

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

turpentim wrote:
dcarter wrote:I doubt that Jay Farrar would care much, but isn't it unseemly to ask for a bootleg copy of a musician's new release on his own message board?
Not when it's only released in a format that most people can't even listen to. I imagine (and hope) he would understand that we, in particular, are fans who spend enough of our dough on his shows, t-shirts, CDs, album downloads, and so on to warrant getting to hear our favorite artist's new material when it is released via an unconventional medium. Shit, I'm happy to pay for it. I'd actually LIKE to pay for it. Just allow me to be able to listen to it after I buy it.

Tim in the ATL
Tim,

stevesevera

Post by stevesevera »

unchartedthickets wrote:Ain’t got no record player. Cue the double Son Volt fiddle god damnit
If it helps EP comes with a digital download code, I dont have a record player either so was pretty thankful when I purchased my copy that this was included

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

dcarter wrote:I doubt that Jay Farrar would care much, but isn't it unseemly to ask for a bootleg copy of a musician's new release on his own message board?
Not when it's only released in a format that most people can't even listen to. I imagine (and hope) he would understand that we, in particular, are fans who spend enough of our dough on his shows, t-shirts, CDs, album downloads, and so on to warrant getting to hear our favorite artist's new material when it is released via an unconventional medium. Shit, I'm happy to pay for it. I'd actually LIKE to pay for it. Just allow me to be able to listen to it after I buy it.

Tim in the ATL

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

I doubt that Jay Farrar would care much, but isn't it unseemly to ask for a bootleg copy of a musician's new release on his own message board?

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

wrecking ball operator wrote:You don't want the EP version of "Sultana", do you?
If it's even the slightest bit different from the album version, I would very much like to hear it.

Tim in the ATL

wrecking ball operator

Post by wrecking ball operator »

You don't want the EP version of "Sultana", do you?

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

Ain’t got no record player. Cue the double Son Volt fiddle god damnit

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

thatbeat wrote:is it avail for purchase somewhere???
For sale through multiple sellers here:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/11191302?ev=rb

Tim in the ATL

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

is it avail for purchase somewhere???

turpentim

Son Volt EP

Post by turpentim »

So the new "Ballymena" EP is out today. Any kind souls out there who have a copy and are willing to post it here in mP3 format will be my new best friend. I love you already.

Tim in the ATL