New Son Volt album in Spring?

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

amzie wrote:Wow, had to Google a few of those. Awesome.
Jayfarrar.net enabling the altright since 2019.

amzie

Post by amzie »

Last edited by amzie on Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

professor_squishy

Post by professor_squishy »

amzie wrote:turpentim--you sound like such a snowflake
Dude,

If you're going to result to name calling, mix it up a little. I mean, you'd be a lot more tolerable if you weren't so predictable.

Here's a few more you can use:

libtard
soy boy
cuck
feminazi (depending on gender of course)
SJW
triggered
etc.

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Indeed! I’m a card-carrying snowflake, and you a confirmed troll. Glad to know there’s no need to take anything you say seriously anymore.

Tim in the ATL

wrecking ball operator

Post by wrecking ball operator »

amzie is beginning to sound like a lucid widespreadchanges...

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Give it a rest. There's been repeated attempts to tone things down. Evidently it's too subtle for you or you're too enraged to dial it back.

As Tim says, the album is called "Union".

Megaballs' post was another call for unity, well stated.

amzie

Post by amzie »

Last edited by amzie on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

amzie wrote:Cue echo chamber.
I'm beginning to think we're being trolled here. All of us, Jay included, are calling for UNION and a recognition of commonality (as humans, as Americans, as fans of Jay Farrar), and all amzie can do is disparage and call for greater DIS-union. Amzie's head is about to blow due to all the harmony and agreement here. I picture him sitting in front of his computer, face as red as his MAGA hat over our calls for unity.

Seriously, dude, why are you here if you hate us and Jay's message so much?

Tim in the ATL

amzie

Post by amzie »

Last edited by amzie on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

megaballs

Post by megaballs »

I just wanna add that we have alot in common here.
We appreciate Jay's work. And its a small club.
Just being on this board and diggin Jay as much as we do, who he is, the kind of person and songwriter...we have more in common than dumb politics

We should get that Jay is the songwriter and he pulls inspiration from places and things and ideas...I thought he said world waits for you was for his kids...we have the Bakersfield sound that gave an album or two...and often his political views have yielded alot of tunes....some beautiful like Joe Citizen...some edgy Jet Pilot ...some didn't work (rare)...but its frigging hard to write music. Jay's long held views go back to Okemah and folk

writers of music or whatever need to find inspiration. Somehow.Somewhere.
That's Jay,

Maye Union comes from Jay's experience in the past year or two...FarrarFan, try not to read too much into it. Besides, Jay's liberalism in music comes from old basic beliefs in the individual against the system, people down and out, etc. Americans of both stripes can grasp those human issues without playing the straight politics of these days...more his/our long term personal beliefs. Fairness. Honesty. Charity.
We can all respect that.
We have always appreciated Jay for what he is..Honest, not flashy, and stay true.

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

Tokyo Fan wrote:
amzie wrote:Wow, I doubt that a Son Volt album is capable of healing and respite. Focus on 2020 for some healing and respite. Don't wallow in these "troubling" times. By choosing HRC as their candidate, the Dems were unable to beat Trump fgs. Focus on finding a decent candidate to win in 2020. What's done is done. Racism and poverty are nothing new. HRC is married to a man who was a pig when it comes to women--and HRC blamed Lewinski for the affair.

I gotta admit that a response like yours never occurred to me. And I was so naive to think that pasting that little snippet might promote harmony on the 'ol board. I guess not![/img]
I think Union has already caught some people off guard.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

amzie wrote:Wow, I doubt that a Son Volt album is capable of healing and respite. Focus on 2020 for some healing and respite. Don't wallow in these "troubling" times. By choosing HRC as their candidate, the Dems were unable to beat Trump fgs. Focus on finding a decent candidate to win in 2020. What's done is done. Racism and poverty are nothing new. HRC is married to a man who was a pig when it comes to women--and HRC blamed Lewinski for the affair.

I gotta admit that a response like yours never occurred to me. And I was so naive to think that pasting that little snippet might promote harmony on the 'ol board. I guess not![/img]

amzie

Post by amzie »

Healing and respite? The election was 3 years ago--it's time to focus on solutions, not sucking your thumb.
Last edited by amzie on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Here's another review from The Boot:
http://theboot.com/son-volt-union-album/

"...Union will showcase more of the pain of division, while still taking time to spotlight music's ability to heal and offer respite from troubling sociopolitical times."

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

I was just looking to see if any more album reviews are floating around (no, I couldn't find any) and stumbled on this from Looney Tunes:

Son Volt "Union" Maroon Opaque Mix Vinyl LP
$21.99
STREET DATE IS MARCH 2ND, 2019!
All orders will ship on FEBRUARY 28TH, 2019!

This is close to a month earlier than the official announcement, I think. An error?