New Son Volt album in Spring?

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Record version is a bit down tempo from the live version. Both are killer.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

This is from Rolling Stone magazine, announcing the release of The 99:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollin ... 95617/amp/

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

Tokyo Fan wrote:
cind wrote:Hey all! Seems like the conversations here have been a bit spirited. Super excited for UNION and the tour. Hoping to see a bunch of shows and I look forward to seeing some of my friends there. And maybe AP opening for some of the East Coast shows? A girl can dream.

Signed,

PSFJFL
(Privileged Snowflake Female JF Lover)

And the hair is so shiny still!
Speaking of Anders Parker, his song "Animals" came up on My Favorites stream today (following Windfall!). Purely by coincidence.
AP’s Don’t let the darkness In came on after the 25th anniv. Trace live version of Anadyne. It was during my 5am commute this morning. I drove through a natural fog machine of foggy windows and rain. Anders autographed my Blue Bird album at a show. It’s gonna snow tomorrow morning. My tender heart can’t take the beauty.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

cind wrote:Hey all! Seems like the conversations here have been a bit spirited. Super excited for UNION and the tour. Hoping to see a bunch of shows and I look forward to seeing some of my friends there. And maybe AP opening for some of the East Coast shows? A girl can dream.

Signed,

PSFJFL

Speaking of Anders Parker, his song "Animals" came up on My Favorites stream today (following Windfall!). Purely by coincidence.

cind

Post by cind »

Hey all! Seems like the conversations here have been a bit spirited. Super excited for UNION and the tour. Hoping to see a bunch of shows and I look forward to seeing some of my friends there. And maybe AP opening for some of the East Coast shows? A girl can dream.

Signed,

PSFJFL

amzie

Post by amzie »

Last edited by amzie on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

"It is a folk singer’s job to comfort disturbed people and disturb comfortable people." — Woody Guthrie

Woody went on to say, "Although, in the case of Amzie, it is also a folk singer’s job to disturb disturbed people."

Tim in the ATL

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Here's a review from alleyesmedia:

https://alleyesmedia.com/clients/son-volt/

As all the ones I've found look very similar, I have a suspicion that these are just the press release, packaged under a different name.
Billboard, glide...they all essentially say the same thing.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Fortunately, Jay wrote a song about Medication (to at least bring this back to music!):

Living on medication
Don't wanna know what I've done
Place to place, on the run
Living on medication
Living on medication
Wanted to slow the world down

amzie

Post by amzie »

Last edited by amzie on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unchartedthickets

amzie wrote:uncharted--check the wikipedia definition of snowflake (slang)--this is the definition of snowflake that applies to some of you

while the alt-right has appropriated lots of words for their purposes, this is not the definition I adhere to

If you really believe I am alt-right, then you are totally overreacting, much like a libtard would. Maybe you're just a fucktard.
Amie,
Must be off your medicine. It sounds like you’re quite butt hurt too.
funny watching you sling insults, but when it comes back around you act like the insult you direct at others. What shall I call you? A snowflake bitch?

I apologize for my inappropriate words to all those who
have remained civil. However, if Amzie wants to keep going, I’m ready :)

amzie

Post by amzie »

Last edited by amzie on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

professor_squishy

Post by professor_squishy »

professor_squishy wrote:
amzie wrote:turpentim--you sound like such a snowflake
Dude,

If you're going to result to name calling, mix it up a little. I mean, you'd be a lot more tolerable if you weren't so predictable.

Here's a few more you can use:

libtard
soy boy
cuck
feminazi (depending on gender of course)
SJW
triggered
etc.
Ummm... just to set the record straight... this was satire.

unchartedthickets

amzie wrote:Because I find some alternative terms for snowflake amusing does not make me, or for that matter, Squishy "alt right."--Are you sure you understand the term alt right? Snowflake and most of those alternative terms were coined by your PEERS who had encountered far too many hysterical and intolerant liberals, who were incapable of considering compromise, let alone dealing in a rational way with opposition to any of their views, even when it comes to trivialities such as music.

Did you Google the terms--or maybe you were familiar with them? Some of them are funny as shit. I was expressing appreciation for being made aware that such terms existed. And I would find opposing terms amusing as well--do you know any? I believe cuck works both ways.

Alt right, however, implies white supremacy among other fucked up beliefs. You referring to me as that, is far, far worse than me saying that one sounds like a snowflake. Shame on you. Shame---on---you.
Lol. "Snowflake" is a term used by the alt right. Read below:

"Politicized insult
Following Brexit in the UK and the election of Donald Trump as 45th President of the U.S., generation snowflake was often shortened to simply snowflake and became a politicized insult. A November 2016 article from The Guardian commented: "Until very recently, to call someone a snowflake would have involved the word 'generation'."[15]

Snowflake as a politicized insult is typically used by those on the political right to insult those on the political left.[15] In an article from the Los Angeles Times, Jessica Roy says the alt-right in the United States pejoratively describes most liberals and those protesting against Donald Trump as "snowflakes", short for "special snowflake".[16] A 2017 article from Think Progress commented: "The insult expanded to encompass not just the young, but liberals of all ages; it became the epithet of choice for right-wingers to fling at anyone who could be accused of being too easily offended, too in need of "safe spaces, too fragile".[17] Jonathon Green, editor of "Green's Dictionary of Slang" points out snowflake is an unusual insult in that it calls someone weak and fragile without using misogynistic or homophobic references."

amzie

Post by amzie »

Last edited by amzie on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.