Son Volt at Space 8/9

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Gold Rush came through with a ticket and I was able to get another one for my son just prior to the show. Really enjoyed spending time with Gold Rush before the show--an incredibly knowledgable and dedicated fan.

Nice venue and show was rockin'! Standard set with Windfall, Walls (Petty), and Chickamauga as the encores.

Ten Second News always incredible.

Seeing this band live right now is as good as it gets. Gotta see more shows!

C'mon West Coast/CA swing!

Gold Rush

Son Volt at Space 8/9

Post by Gold Rush »

First of all, it was great meeting TragicFig and son for dinner and a couple beers before the show. Great time!

I've been to just about every venue in Chicago, but this was my first show at Space. Small. They didn't even have a back stage. For the encore, they just stood on the side of the stage for a minute. Guessing 300 capacity, but cool place and great sound.

Sold out show. Lots of people milling around the venue trying to get tickets.

Son Volt was awesome! Blistering set. Played almost all of Notes of Blue and peppered in a song or two from every Son Volt release. I think the only SV album was represented in the set but HonkyTonk

I saw them early in the Notes of Blue tour, and what stood out was the cohesiveness of the band. Chris has really gotten comfortable with the songs and is taking putting his personal stamps on the songs.

Overall, great night of music. I'd guess this was somewhere around my 12th Son Volt show, and it was the best I've seen them.

There was a guy taping.