Blue Mountain, etc.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Dude I agree. I love all the bands you mentioned but Wilco’s 3rd record, Summerteeth, is their best. Maybe the best record of the 90s.

mraney

Post by mraney »

Can't forget the V-Roys!

Mike

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Yeah, I love that period of the '90's as well. Add Golden Smog's first album to those that have been mentioned. Due to this board, I tried Richmond Fontaine but the lyrics, at least of the album I have, are incredibly depressing.

Cary Hudson's Town and Country (2014) is a fine album in the mold of Blue Mountain. Highly recommend.

phix174

Post by phix174 »

Yes! I still crank out some Blue Mountain, as well. The lyrics to "Generic America" still ring true.

barclocksays3am

Post by barclocksays3am »

Yeah I still throw on Blue Mountain,Richmond Fontaine and The Jayhawks from time to time.My fav Blue Mountain album is probably Homegrown,Dog Days is a close 2nd.Fav Richmond Fontaine?Post To Wire.Fav Jayhawks?Hollywood Town Hall with Tomorrow The Green Grass a close 2nd

mraney

Blue Mountain, etc.

Post by mraney »

I sure do miss Blue Mountain. The early to mid 90s were such a great time for music for me. Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt, Blue Mountain, Richmond Fontaine, The Jayhawks, Wilco (the first 2 records), Slobberbone, Whiskeytown, Vigilantes of Love, and the Bottle Rockets.

My all time TOP 10 list will always include The Beatles, The Stones, The Who and CCR. The late 60s is my favorite time period for music, but nowadays my TOP 10 includes Son Volt, Blue Mountain and Richmond Fontaine. The early to mid 90s is real close second all time favorite period for music.

Mike