Bottle Rockets "Bit Logic"

wheelhousetunes

Post by wheelhousetunes »

After SBAC this one is definitely a let down. But that was the best one they'd done since 24 Hours.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Not exactly a place where I'd expect to see a Bottle Rockets album review. Mother Jones.

https://www.motherjones.com/media/2018/ ... e-mundane/

jr29

Post by jr29 »

I don't love the album, but I like it. I think it could have been cut from 12 songs to 10.
I really like Lo-Fi and Stovall's Grove.

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

I don’t need to buy it or download it. I can listen to it a few times and release it from my collection. I like the sounds, the tube amps, guitar playing and bass playing, pedal steel, and drums. Solid band all the way with a dialed in sound. I’m just feeling the songs aren’t classic, they’re gimmicky and fun and something for these great musicians to play around on. I’m not that into Alejandro’s new one either. Still trying to find a gem of a record

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Second time through and no improvement. Highway 70 Blues is amusing, a bright spot.

Tokyo Fan

Bottle Rockets "Bit Logic"

Post by Tokyo Fan »

I just listened to this yesterday and was pretty disappointed. My initial impression was that it is boring, repetitive and ... I guess I don't know what to say. As I'm a big fan, it was quite a let down.

Anyone else heard it? (I'll listen again today just to double check, but would rather play Escovedo's The Crossing.)