Jay Farrar to sell hundreds of guitars, amps, records...

UnkleToop

Post by UnkleToop »

FYI, in case anyone missed out on this, and at a discount!

https://reverb.com/item/18381963-epipho ... o-son-volt

Terraplane

Post by Terraplane »

Tupe Son -- damn man, that's an outstanding cover of last resort.

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

Way to go Cindy!!

I miss this forum too...

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Nice Cindy!

Terraplane

Post by Terraplane »

Congrats, Cind, that gibson looks like a cool guitar.

New SV album next year and tour is exactly what I wanted for Christmas.

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

Y’all omg I’ve missed THE BOARD. So excited (mixed emotions tbh) about the gear. A little bummed that I didn’t get to the Parlaiments pack amp (seriously I wanted that SO BAD!) But beyond thrilled my best love Cindy scored the Gibson acoustic. I CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY IT! It’s a keeper. Hello pals! I MISS YOU ALL! Damn FB, with its slick efficiency, creepy algorithms and target ads ruining our perfect place here. Now ... <plans trip to Boston>

cind

Post by cind »

Just bought the Gibson LG1 Acoustic
Shaking
Maybe keeping it
At least until Dev comes and plays it
If not, going back to JF or donating to the music dept of my college

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

Was lookin at the Martin acoustic but shy I am
about self indulgence this time of year. Surely there’s
a hot rich cougar JF fan that’ll purchase it for me :lol:

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Here's part of a Chicago Tribune story last year that mentions the emailing and contact with Tweedy about songs in the vault. Doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary.

"Farrar said he got back in touch with Tweedy recently after he discovered some old Uncle Tupelo demos. "They essentially were demo songs for the second Uncle Tupelo record, 'Still Feel Gone,'" he said. "I thought they were good representations of what Uncle Tupelo was doing at the time. It was us just kind of powering through all of the new songs that we had been doing live. I felt like it was something that should be looked at (for possible release). I communicated with Jeff via email so that was good."

A Tweedy representative confirmed the contact and said the two have worked "amicably" on past Uncle Tupelo reissues. Farrar isn't sure yet whether this material will see the light of day, but he sounded happy that it put him and Tweedy back in touch.

"I think it's good," he said. "After a long stretch of not communicating, I thought it was good that there's some communication going on. ... I wish Jeff all the best, you know? I think we both have more important things to think about than old band disagreements."

criminals

Post by criminals »

The UT vault news makes me think this is financially motivated. No s*&t I guess.

Terraplane

Post by Terraplane »

Wow. Between this and the new SV album release, yesterday was pretty big.

Maybe just downsizing --college tuition and empty nests and all that.

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

I got tears in my (stained) eyes at the thought of owning that ‘62 SG. Good god almighty.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

turpentim wrote:Someone on the Postcard from Hell group on Facebook mentioned that Jay has supposedly reached out to Jeff to ask if there are any more items in the Uncle Tupelo recording vault that could be released. If it’s true, that news escaped me. Also if it’s true, something seems astir.

Tim in the ATL
Jeff made a comment last week on Marc maron's podcast about Jay contacting him about vault material. It was very matter of fact and he didn't elaborate at all.

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

Holy hell

Christmas coming early!

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Someone on the Postcard from Hell group on Facebook mentioned that Jay has supposedly reached out to Jeff to ask if there are any more items in the Uncle Tupelo recording vault that could be released. If it’s true, that news escaped me. Also if it’s true, something seems astir.

Tim in the ATL