First Listen to "Devil May Care"

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

A cigarette on the HEAD-stock... Sublime!

Tim in the ATL

amzie

Post by amzie »

Yeah
Last edited by amzie on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffc17

Post by jeffc17 »

It's got a hook!

Gold Rush

Post by Gold Rush »

Pre-Ordered the record today. I really prefer the version with the alternate cover.

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Digging the song. Been listening on repeat. It's available to buy on iTunes/Amazon now too. Or if you preorder the album on sonvolt.net you can get a download of it.
Last edited by Antelope850 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terraplane

Post by Terraplane »

Love it, reminds me of Loose String or Cemetery Savior, as Tim said. Also love this current SV line-up. Chris Frame is terrific.

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Love it! Mid-tempo perfection, indeed! Love the shoulder shrug comments irt to the Tweedy question...New Gob Iron! Yet more productiveness from Jay. Incredible. The current line up and last year's successful tour have got him firing on all cylinders! New album and fresh tour dates soon! SWEET!

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

This is a topless girl on your shoulders at a Son Volt show kinda jam $

beatenbynonfiction

Post by beatenbynonfiction »

"Union also comes after the publication of Uncle Tupelo band mate Jeff Tweedy's memoir "Let's Go (So We Can Get Back)," in which he pulls no punches in writing about his mercurial relationship with Farrar. "I haven't read it," says Farrar, who's also recorded a pair of new Gob Iron songs with Varnaline's Anders Parker for April 13’s Record Store Day (the duo's 2006 album Death Songs for the Living is being reissued as well). "People tell me he got some things wrong. The main way it impacts me right now is questions in interviews. It used to be Tweedy questions were number 10, now they come in three or five. But that's about it, really."

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

I should say too that I l’m listening to this on my headphones. Loudly. Just a wall of beautiful sound.

Tim in the ATL

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

amzie wrote:kinda generic?
Oh my. To each their own I guess. I read your comment before listening to the song and expected to be underwhelmed, but my goodness nothing could be further from my initial reaction. To my ears, this is a mid-tempo masterpiece in the vein of a Cemetery Savior or a Medicine Hat. Like others, I feel that Farrar’s mid-tempo mastery has been absent for quite sometime. Since Okemah, it’s been all-out sonic blasts or low-key acoustic numbers (with rare exception of course — Atmosphere, Back Against the Wall, etc.). And this, at first listen, seems to be a classic example of Jay’s cryptic but undeniably beautiful lyricism as well.

This is SPLENDID. I am so happy.

Tim in the ATL

amzie

Post by amzie »

kinda generic?

Antelope850

First Listen to "Devil May Care"

Post by Antelope850 »