Gob Iron Reissue on Vinyl and New Songs on 7" vinyl

ThrasherBear

Post by ThrasherBear »

Mark Spencer wrote:I just got the test pressings for this (i recorded it here at my Studio, Tape Kitchen, and play on one song)...pretty cool to get a 7" 45 in the mail!
Mark--just listened to the Independent's Day interview you did during the Honky Tonk tour. Speaking of things you recorded--you mention in the interview that you recorded Angel of the Blues, it's your favorite on that record, and that you weren't playing it live. I suppose pleading with Jay to do anything is counterproductive, but damn that's a beautiful song, and the recording is brilliant. Maybe let him know some fans would really like to hear it (especially in SF)!

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

Such a cool tour, just the 3 of y’all, switching up instruments didn’t jay play drums on one song?
Can’t wait to order the vinyl !

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

I just got the test pressings for this (i recorded it here at my Studio, Tape Kitchen, and play on one song)...pretty cool to get a 7" 45 in the mail!

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

wow, that is awesome news!!!

thats funny they didn't post that on jayfarrar.net (which is the only site i go to)

that Gob tour was pretty awesome, that was the beginning of sneaking cameras into clubs for me.

https://youtu.be/4Ed7vW8qBfk

turpentim

Re: Gob Iron Reissue on Vinyl and New Songs on 7" vinyl

Post by turpentim »

mraney wrote:I am sure most of you know this by now, but just in case. This was posted on the sonvolt.net page:

"In conjunction with the release of Union, Gob Iron’s Death Songs for the Living will be reissued on March 29. In addition to download and CD, the album will also be released for the first time on vinyl. In time for Record Store Day 2019, Gob Iron will release a 7-inch with two new original songs from Jay Farrar and Anders Parker."

This is great news to me. I really like the Gob Iron record and the tour with Jay and Anders was a great time!

Mike Raney
Austin, TX
Awesome news, indeed! I don’t do much vinyl, so I’ll be interested to learn if this 7-inch will come with a digital download of the two original tracks.

Tim in the ATL

mraney

Gob Iron Reissue on Vinyl and New Songs on 7" vinyl

Post by mraney »

I am sure most of you know this by now, but just in case. This was posted on the sonvolt.net page:

"In conjunction with the release of Union, Gob Iron’s Death Songs for the Living will be reissued on March 29. In addition to download and CD, the album will also be released for the first time on vinyl. In time for Record Store Day 2019, Gob Iron will release a 7-inch with two new original songs from Jay Farrar and Anders Parker."

This is great news to me. I really like the Gob Iron record and the tour with Jay and Anders was a great time!

Mike Raney
Austin, TX