Thalia Hall, Chicago 4/27/2019

derekf

Post by derekf »

A kind board member showed me how to use dropbox correctly. I usually use yousendit but the file was too large. If anyone wants it, here's a link that may work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5jbwrmfum5qm ... ..mp3?dl=0

Gold Rush

Post by Gold Rush »

Chicago friends...I just noticed Son Volt added a show in July at SPACE in Evanston. For those of you who have never been, t's a really cool, very intimate venue.

derekf

Post by derekf »

For Mike, who shares everything. This is a mp3 version of the stream, you can't skip songs but you can fast forward, though I have no idea why anyone would. I hope this is what you were looking for.

Derek

https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/AABaawj2r ... fXyJ5CC0ks

mtruslow

Post by mtruslow »

Can some kind soul point me in the direction of how I can get a great copy of the stream of the show??? I'd appreciate it.

mtruslow

Post by mtruslow »

The most Son Volt shows I've seen on one tour are 3: Athens, Atlanta and Baltimore. I'm hitting the 930 this Sunday night. Can't wait.

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

mraney wrote:I am retiring in May, 2020 and one of the first things I am going to do is a string of SV shows (8-10 shows).

Great to hear from a new fan what most of us feel every time we get to see Jay and Son Volt live!

Mike
Great plan Mike, I did 10 or so while between jobs last year--mostly on the east and west coasts. Absolutely epic. Really want to do a bunch of shows in the South. Incredibly appreciative that Jay and the crew work as hard as they do on the road--they've got a punishing schedule this year. It's an incredible opportunity to get out and see the country, and at the end of the day there's a phenomenal show with a cool crowd. It's as good as it gets....gotta enjoy while we can...

mraney

Post by mraney »

I am retiring in May, 2020 and one of the first things I am going to do is a string of SV shows (8-10 shows).

Great to hear from a new fan what most of us feel every time we get to see Jay and Son Volt live!

Mike

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

TragicFig wrote:Understand entirely Vee! I was looking at potentially doing DC to Chattanooga, but I couldn't make it work from a work standpoint. I've got Phoenix, Pappy's, SDGO, and LA. But the real prize is Martha's Vineyard. I'm planning on making that show somehow....
Damn. That’s a good leg. I’ve not done Martha’s Vineyard. Levon Helm’s place looks cool too. Anything in Sonoma would be great. The whole Kerouac thing.

unchartedthickets

Anodyne_Vee wrote:
unchartedthickets wrote:Totally want to quit my job, get a bagger and follow SV. What a way to
create a meditation on 2020. Sadly, can’t do it but someone should
take AV up on it and document it. Interview Jay and band behind the scenes. Learn the secrets to a bard’s life. Get some pointers on musical equipment and techniques. Make some songs along the way or just live and forget all that. Book about it decades later.
@unchartedthickets, not sure if I should be upset with you....Now I won't be able to think about anything else but following SV on the road and making a documentary. So now I'll probably end up getting fired for spending all my time daydreaming, and I'll have to sell everything I own and follow SV around. Let's see how this turns out :wink:
Ha! That would be really cool!! If being upset with someone gets an SV documentary started, then please by all means be upset :D !!!
Of course, I don’t want to suggest quitting a decent job to do it. Maybe ask for
some extended time off for personal growth. Employers sometimes think it’s a
a good idea to let their employees find themselves. It promotes a better work ethic. This is contingent on the job and the boss of course. Make your best judgement and I’m sure quite a few peeps will be interested in the documentary 8)

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Understand entirely Vee! I was looking at potentially doing DC to Chattanooga, but I couldn't make it work from a work standpoint. I've got Phoenix, Pappy's, SDGO, and LA. But the real prize is Martha's Vineyard. I'm planning on making that show somehow....

Anodyne_Vee

Post by Anodyne_Vee »

@turpentim thank you! It's good to be here!

Anodyne_Vee

Post by Anodyne_Vee »

unchartedthickets wrote:Totally want to quit my job, get a bagger and follow SV. What a way to
take AV up on it and document it. Interview Jay and band behind the scenes. Learn the secrets to a bard’s life. Get some pointers on musical equipment and techniques. Make some songs along the way or just live and forget all that. Book about it decades later.
@unchartedthickets, not sure if I should be upset with you....Now I won't be able to think about anything else but following SV on the road and making a documentary. So now I'll probably end up getting fired for spending all my time daydreaming, and I'll have to sell everything I own and follow SV around. Let's see how this turns out :wink:

unchartedthickets

Totally want to quit my job, get a bagger and follow SV. What a way to

turpentim

Re: Thalia Hall, Chicago 4/27/2019

Post by turpentim »

Anodyne_Vee wrote:Friends-
I'm new on the board, and I came here to try to share what I'm feeling with others who experienced the Thalia Hall show last night.

I attended the Chicago show last night, which meant trudging through total bullshit weather and enduring some creepy dude trying to touch me half the night, but it was WORTH IT.

I feel like I’m still on a music high from last night. I tend to be hyperbolic, but this show was damn near a religious experience.

I met a kind person who was also attending alone, and we hung out and spent the whole time in gape-mouthed ecstasy song after song.

Unfortunately, after the show, I lost sight of him and was not able to thank him for the great conversation and company. I think his name is Jake. We stood center stage, about 1 row behind the railing, and you told me how you thought Ian Noe sounded like Bob Dylan & John Prine.

Jake, if you are on here (or if anyone knows who this person is), thank you for being the perfect SV show buddy. I *really* loved having another devoted fan to enjoy the show with.

For anyone else at Thalia Hall last night-- I’m currently contemplating quitting my job so I can follow SV from town to town for the rest of the tour. Who's in?
Welcome, Anodyne Vee! Lovely to have another devotee on the board. We all know the feeling you’re describing. I too am prone to hyperbole, but you’re right, Jay on the live stage is something very special to behold. I remember the first few times I saw Son Volt live (I was in high school — circa 1997-99) and having the same open-mouthed feeling of pure musical nirvana and elation. What’s amazing is I still get close to as musically "high" every time I see Jay. He is a national treasure.

Tim in the ATL

Anodyne_Vee

Thalia Hall, Chicago 4/27/2019

Post by Anodyne_Vee »

Friends-
I'm new on the board, and I came here to try to share what I'm feeling with others who experienced the Thalia Hall show last night.

I attended the Chicago show last night, which meant trudging through total bullshit weather and enduring some creepy dude trying to touch me half the night, but it was WORTH IT.

I feel like I’m still on a music high from last night. I tend to be hyperbolic, but this show was damn near a religious experience.

I met a kind person who was also attending alone, and we hung out and spent the whole time in gape-mouthed ecstasy song after song.

Unfortunately, after the show, I lost sight of him and was not able to thank him for the great conversation and company. I think his name is Jake. We stood center stage, about 1 row behind the railing, and you told me how you thought Ian Noe sounded like Bob Dylan & John Prine.

Jake, if you are on here (or if anyone knows who this person is), thank you for being the perfect SV show buddy. I *really* loved having another devoted fan to enjoy the show with.

For anyone else at Thalia Hall last night-- I’m currently contemplating quitting my job so I can follow SV from town to town for the rest of the tour. Who's in?