Gear Club podcast w/Jay & Agnello

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Gold Rush wrote:Yeah, the other host didn’t seem to be very familiar with Jay’s work.
Or the concept of an indoor batting cage, a place in which I spent way too much of my own youth :)

Tim in the ATL

Gold Rush

Post by Gold Rush »

Yeah, the other host didn’t seem to be very familiar with Jay’s work.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Gold Rush wrote:John Agnello (one of the hosts) has mixed quite a few of Jay’s/SV’s records.
I didn't catch that he was one of the hosts. I thought he was a guest, with Jay! I guess I better listen more carefully.

My comment was based on the host(s) not appearing to know much about New Multitudes. Whoever was talking seemed to think the guys just recorded Guthrie songs (including the music). They know now, because Jay explained it to them.

Gold Rush

Post by Gold Rush »

John Agnello (one of the hosts) has mixed quite a few of Jay’s/SV’s records.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

I'm listening to this now. Am enjoying it but don't think the hosts did their homework. But that might be a plus as it gives Jay a chance to explain in greater detail. This is a long podcast, not just a quick promo thing.

Highly recommend (I think I'm only half way through!)

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

This is phenomenal! Like being a fly on the wall amongst Jay and friends, or like getting Jay to answer questions you as a fan might ask. Candid, funny, and insightful. Thanks for sharing!

Tim in the ATL