Orange Peel, Asheville, NC 5.10.19

dude

Post by dude »

phix174 wrote:Great video!!! Thanks for sharing.
Echo that, thanks!

phix174

Post by phix174 »

Great video!!! Thanks for sharing.

Terraplane

Post by Terraplane »

Thanks, thatbeat, great job with the video as always.

The orange peel show was off the charts. My favorite venue, great crowd, amazing songs and band.

SonVoltFanBoone

Post by SonVoltFanBoone »

Great show and a great crowd!

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

i wish i had another audio source to sync up to the video, but this isn't all that bad.

at some point before SV came on, someone set up a mic (Zoom) stand next to my tripod in the soundboard area, so i was happy someone was recording. at the end of the show, after most folks were gone i was still lingering and who comes to get the Zoom none other than Mr Mark Spencer. I asked him if he recorded every show, he said he did, but it was just to "hear all my mess ups".
To which i quickly said there was no such thing :)

It was a great show, such an amazing songwriter and a powerful band to compliment the songs.

Okeman

Post by Okeman »

Thanks thatbeat. So glad you recorded this. I was there too, and it was phenomenal. The Union songs are instant classics, and really shine live. The professionalism of the band never ceases to amaze me. Mark Spencer was shredding all night. Chris Frame just makes it look effortless. Patterson beats they hail out of his drum kit. Duplantis is just Duplantis. Gotta love that dude. Jay of course killed it as always. An American Treasure as you and others have stated. I am in for Atlanta as well. An all-ages show, so my two sons will be joining me. Can't wait!

amzie

Post by amzie »

Last edited by amzie on Sat May 11, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

thatbeat wrote:Audio ain't bad either 8)
Funny too how quickly Jay’s ostensible sinus congestion cleared up :roll:

He sounds phenomenal.

Tim in the ATL

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

Video- complete Asheville show
https://youtu.be/6YDUBmjr7jA

Audio ain't bad either 8)

dude

Re: Orange Peel, Asheville, NC 5.10.19

Post by dude »

thatbeat wrote:I was able to record it the whole show on video and will get it up soon, I believe it was the same setlist as previous shows ending with Monkey Man.

I love the Union songs live, the second half of the set is super hot!

Go see them as often as you can, not going to be disappointed and tickets are gonna go fast once word spreads how great these shows are! I'm thinking about going to ATL later next month, well worth the drive.
Nice, can't wait to see the video! The shows have been amazing

thatbeat

Orange Peel, Asheville, NC 5.10.19

Post by thatbeat »

Great crowd, great energy, band was super tight, got to speak with the one and only amazingly talented Mark Spencer at the end of the evening. No news on whether there'll be another Gob Iron tour unfortunately.

I was able to record it the whole show on video and will get it up soon, I believe it was the same setlist as previous shows ending with Monkey Man.

I love the Union songs live, the second half of the set is super hot!

Go see them as often as you can, not going to be disappointed and tickets are gonna go fast once word spreads how great these shows are! I'm thinking about going to ATL later next month, well worth the drive.