Hello Goodbye Revisited

Tokyo Fan

Re: Hello Goodbye Revisited

Post by Tokyo Fan »

That is a coincidence. Very funny. I’ve played it a couple more times and really like it. Bryson on the drums, kinda propels it along. That was recorded for , was it World Cup soccer? Something soccer related in L.A., I think. So maybe it wasn’t the World Cup. Something to do with Beckham.

criminals

Re: Hello Goodbye Revisited

Post by criminals »

Tokyo Fan, what an incredible coincidence. I just signed up with Apple Music a couple of weeks ago (I absolutely love it and don't know why I waited so long). Anyway, a local STL radio station is doing a Beatles "brack off" and the two songs that were pitted against each other today were Hello Goodbye and Good Day Sunshine. After listening to Hello Goodbye I wondered if Apple had SV's version, as I never had it and I believe it to be the only SV release I had never heard. So I searched it up and lo and behold it came up, much to my surprise. Downloaded it to the cloud and listened to it for the first time. No major surprises but a very well done version in my opinion. The song finished up right as I pulled into the parking lot. A great start to the day!

Tokyo Fan

Hello Goodbye Revisited

Post by Tokyo Fan »

I stream on Apple Music and today’s My Favorites playlist (generated by Apple) included Son Volt’s cover of Hello Goodbye. I guess it’s a pretty straightforward rendition but I really enjoyed hearing it after probably several years. (It’s followed by The Beat Farmers ‘There She Goes’ and I see The Hold Steady (thanks to this forum) and Anders Parker coming up).