Long Live the Ramones

Long Slow Fade

Post by Long Slow Fade »

One of the best bands ever.

Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Going under the drill next week- Zippy the pinhead wearing a Ramones T and weeping...wife says it can't go on my chest
The greatest band ever...period. Saw them like a damn deadhead-almost every northern California (and many southern) show from 85- was it 96 when they stopped...anyway, told my wife I wouldn't marry her if she hadn't seen the Ramones, and we saw the last tour together.
What better bands of that era? That was why the RAMONES existed...everything else sucked (well, MC5, Iggy and the Stooges, and the Velvet Underground were cool...)
Anyway
GABBA GABBA HEY!

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

Am I the only person on Earth that found their music to be boring and their lyrics to be completely lame? I don't like to spread negativity, but there were so many better bands in that era.

Godsownsinger

the Ramones

Post by Godsownsinger »

My favorite band period. I am very glad I was able to see them a few times through the years. I have said this before but, I think Jay would do a great cover of "Questioningly" off Road to Ruin.

Dee Dee, Joey , and Johnny you are missed! :cry:

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

amen

prolatariat

Post by prolatariat »

I agree,

it is hard to believe it was so long ago that I saw Rock'n'Roll High School for the first time, I instantly became hooked on the Ramones. They were without a doubt pioneers to the punk movement. It is hard to believe that three of them are now gone..........

Hank Snow

Long Live the Ramones

Post by Hank Snow »

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... bit_ramone

What a fantastic band, without a doubt in my top 10 faves ever.