Outlaw Country Cruise 6

All night station

Re: Outlaw Country Cruise 6

Post by All night station »

This is for anyone associated with the band: Did you enjoy playing on the cruise? Is it something you would consider doing again?

Kerbdogma

Post by Kerbdogma »

turpentim wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:45 pm
I went on a Disney cruise for my daughter’s 4th birthday a couple of years back and I may have never had more fun in my life. Not even kidding. Now, had Jay and the rest been on the boat, damn that would’ve been awesome. Mickey hats and all.

Tim in the ATL
lol

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

I went on a Disney cruise for my daughter’s 4th birthday a couple of years back and I may have never had more fun in my life. Not even kidding. Now, had Jay and the rest been on the boat, damn that would’ve been awesome. Mickey hats and all.

Tim in the ATL

All night station

I'm not following all of that, but no biggie. The great thing about the cruise is that almost everyone is a music enthusiast. Very easy to strike up conversations. My wife is into it also, so the whole thing is very enjoyable, and we really don't like cruises all that much otherwise. It's like attending a great multiple-day festival, but it just happens to be on a boat.

Kerbdogma

Post by Kerbdogma »

DSKD1999 is going. Why,
are you looking for friends
at the shows? Maybe I was
lured here magically that you
look like Jay (someone from
youtube let me borrow the "ay")

Mascis? I think you'll find some
friends. Only people curious for
shit go on cruises. J, I just was
informed indeed has grey hair.
Can I use The Jay for this site?
To Use ?? as Jay Mascis.

good luck

Kerbdogma

Post by Kerbdogma »

w
Last edited by Kerbdogma on Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

All night station

Outlaw Country Cruise 6

About half of the performers for Outlaw Country Cruise 6 -- which sails a year from now -- have been announced and so far no Son Volt. Hope that changes as more performers are added. Their shows on the boat last year were outstanding, as everyone here would expect. Next year will be my third. Emmylou, performing with Rodney Crowell and Albert Lee, will be the headliner. Regulars like Steve Earle, Lucinda, Dale Watson and Mojo Nixon are back. Old 97s and Waco Brothers are also returning.

Is anyone else going? I'm sure it would be a good time to meet some of the folks on this board. I'll be the old guy with long grey hair and a Woody Guthrie t-shirt on or something similar. Oh yeah, just remembered. That's a pretty common look.

Side note, the cruise is sold out but you can still get on a waiting list. Some people pay a small deposit and don't follow through, so spots do open up.