New Album: Electro Melodier

professor_squishy

Re: New Album: Electro Melodier

Post by professor_squishy »

Has anyone worked out the chords for "Reverie"? I'm usually pretty good at this stuff, but I'm blanking out on this one. I know there's a D, A, Bm, E, G in there... somewhere...

professor_squishy

Post by professor_squishy »

amzie wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:03 am
Why won't we know where we stand until December? What is the significance of December? Do you think he is really talking about Christmas? Unless he is a super Christian, I think not.

Maybe he means that we won't feel our worth until we see how much loot we get at Christmas? Does no one else wonder about the December reference???
I believe this is a reference to the past election and that it took till sometime in December to certify it in all the states that "disputed" the results. So many recounts and rejected lawsuits, etc.

Of course, given what happened on Jan 6, maybe he should have said "we won't know where we stand till January".... but that doesn't roll off the tongue as well. :-)

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

For anyone curious... I’ve confirmed with the folks at Fast Atmosphere that there will be no substantial difference in the various vinyl pressings of the new record. The traditional black vinyl, the translucent red vinyl, and the opaque tan vinyl (indie record store exclusive) will all be the same weight and will include the same *ten* songs (only the CD and digital streaming versions will include all 14 tracks).

The translucent red vinyl will be a limited pressing of just 800 total copies, and there will only be 1500 copies of the opaque tan version.

Tim in the ATL

mtruslow

Post by mtruslow »

Getting the Flac files and CD for sure.

amzie

Post by amzie »

I thought it could have something to do with the election--but I guess I was more fixated on Jan. 6 due to recent events. As we have seen, however, many people feel, or pretend to feel, that the election wasn't valid--so even though WE know where WE stand, WE pretty much knew where WE stood on election night, or rather a few days later. You are right about the Electoral College--makes sense!

Unhurried Ways

Post by Unhurried Ways »

"until December"...I think the surface meaning is "after the Electoral College makes the election official" and the deeper meaning would be, like Tokyo Fan said, "until the situation is resolved".

Jay said he's concentrating on melody this time around, and he's written many good ones, but Reverie is more of a chant, looking forward to hearing the rest LIVE.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

“we won’t know where we stand until December.” Maybe it means we won’t know the situation until the very end? Or, maybe more along the lines of not knowing how we’ll react/respond until the very end. (No, I don’t think it’s Christmas! :) )

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Oh HELL YEAH!!!!!

wrecking ball operator

Post by wrecking ball operator »

amzie wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:03 am
What happens in December?
Christmas.

amzie

Post by amzie »

Why won't we know where we stand until December? What is the significance of December? Do you think he is really talking about Christmas? Unless he is a super Christian, I think not.

Maybe he means that we won't feel our worth until we see how much loot we get at Christmas? Does no one else wonder about the December reference???
Last edited by amzie on Fri May 14, 2021 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

14 songs totaling 55 minutes. ‘Reverie’ is the one track of the fourteen that is activated on streaming sites.

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

https://youtu.be/IN6Y7YxUlRg

Smokin’!

Tim in the ATL

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

Beautiful. Just listened to the opening track Reverie.
Jay forces that first F out as the band punches in. :mrgreen:

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

It’s been a long time since I’ve checked into this board...and I guess I picked a good day to see if anything was happening! Am very happy to see this news and look forward to the album.

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

HELL YEAH!!! Nice find y'all!!!