Paste Magazine Interview

thatbeat

Re: Paste Magazine Interview

Post by thatbeat »

damn.
i haven't read that article yet.
sure hope he's doing alright. i guess he's got to be if they are gearing up for a tour here shortly.

Tokyo Fan

Re: Paste Magazine Interview

Post by Tokyo Fan »

This is a really good interview. Jay has a high level of curiosity, always seeking out local history topics/sites that most folks can live near their entire lives and might not bother to investigate:
“ But yeah, there’s some semi-local history around here, like the Trail of Tears crossed over the Mississippi down by Cape Gerardo, which is about 90 minutes south of St. Louis, so I was just kind of touching on some of those geographic points of interest, and that song came out of it.”
—skip—
“ But right as I was finishing up the recording, I had to go in for a couple of surgeries, actually, and one was to my throat, so I knew that I had to get all the singing done—it was essentially nodes that had to be taken out. So again, I think I focused on it a bit more. ”. !!!!

Redsun

Paste Magazine Interview

Post by Redsun »

Son Volt's Jay Farrar on Electro Melodier, Longevity and Lockdown

https://www.pastemagazine.com/music/son ... nterview/

"...And I’m primarily Irish and English myself, with all sorts of other stuff thrown in the mix. But I’ve had a bouzouki for a while, and there’s a local radio station here that plays Balkan-type music, so I hear quite a bit of that from time to time."